Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac cts luxury sport, with slotted rotors
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i run the remote wire from my amp? i know u can tap it to the ccp fuse under the rear seat under the driver side, but where else can i hook it up to?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,496 Posts
Your only real option is to use an ignition related fuse. I used the ignition fuse itself in my 2001 Seville, worked like a charm...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i gotta find the wire i need to tap in to.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,857 Posts
I must ask what do you have for a set up? Are you asking for factory amp to aftermarket deck? Or aftermarket amp to factory deck? Or aftermarket amp and deck?

KOT

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,857 Posts
Well, I haven't taking it apart yet. But I do know that there is a relay in the factory amp. You can hear it click when you open the door with the keys in the ignition and what not. So it can produce the audio "bong" in the speakers. Anyways, if you have the ability to take apart the factory amp and test the contacts on the relay. Most relays has a diagram of what contact does work. Maybe using your own relay, then I would defiantly take advantage of that.

KOT

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new problem, battery not strong, and when bass hit my lights dim, what kinda battery should i replace the stock battery with ?

·
Registered
2006 CTS
29 Posts
Don't run it to the ignition fuse I did when I first hooked up my system and the fuse blew while going 80 I'm the fast lane and car shut off no power steering or nothin run it to the radio fuse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts