Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I really dont know what the hell is going on with movie reviews these days but Transformers, for which the reviews have been average to lackluster at best, was a KICK ASS nonstop action rollercoaster. The funny parts were funny, the acting was good and the CGI was incredible. Best of all it was all about CARS! What's not to like!

Better yet, my favorite song EVER, "Drive" by The Cars (for those of you who have ever wondered what the hell my user name means) has a part at the beginning of the movie, and it actually ties in pretty well.

This was entertaining, and unlike DH4, managed to keep its unbelievable premise still by some miracle within the realm of reality. Alot of the movie actually seemed realistic. This is what I go to action movies for. Definitely goes on my top 10 for 2007 so far, and I see *alot* of movies. The surprising thing is I never played with, nor was I fan of the Transformers when I was younger.

To top it all off, it seems GM FINALLY got their marketing right for once. You found yourself really rooting for all the GM's throughout the movie... not to mention the consipicuously placed Ford Mustang as one of the "bad" guy police cars. At some points the GM-ness was a little overdone, but never to where I did not enjoy seeing the vehicles.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Something interesting:

Bumblebee becomes a new Camaro. But the car they use in the movie is actually a recent GTO with a fiberglass body added shaped like the new Camaro prototype. This car was made for them by Saleen.

And Barricade, the Mustang Cop car; Ford did not want their Mustang portrayed as a bad guy, so Bay went to Saleen instead and got the Saleen S280 (something or other). So it is not actually a Mustang.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
Bootlegg DVD are already bring sold. Some guy said he downloaded the video but I don't trust it.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
This was entertaining, and unlike DH4, managed to keep its unbelievable premise still by some miracle within the realm of reality.
:lol: :histeric:

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If someone does find a download of it let me know, I just want the cut that has Drive in it... the chick walking away scene.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey I just want a piece... not the whole thing... and yes, I realize theres a double entendre there... and yes, its intentional.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts