Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending the better part of this week deciding on which Spring and Rim setup to run on my 2009 CTS Sedan, I opted for H&Rs and CTS- V OEM 19" front/rear 9/9.5 respectively. My question, what is a suggested tire size for front and rear that will maintain the integrity of the tpms system while obtaining the aggressive look of the 19" V rim setup? I have read that the 19" rim can screw with the tpms system if the tire sizing is off.

Through my research I found another forums suggestion of 19x9 +51 running a 255/40/19 and 19x9.5 +58 running a 305/35/19. Does anyone have a definitive answer/suggestion on what will be my best option. As far as I know, any rubbing should not be an issue with a 19" combo. Please forgive me if this has been brought up before. I searched for a while but could not find the information I was looking for.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all input.:worship:

·
Registered
2009 CTS
197 Posts
Sounds like a good set up i would love to see pics with the H&R springs not many use them as most think they will be too low and not many pics out there.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be sure to post once installed. I ended up with the setup that was suggested, however, I opted for a 285 in the rear. Overall I wanted a factory aggressive look for my cts. I feel the same way about the H&r setup. You don't see any images posted.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,296 Posts
After spending the better part of this week deciding on which Spring and Rim setup to run on my 2009 CTS Sedan, I opted for H&Rs and CTS- V OEM 19" front/rear 9/9.5 respectively. My question, what is a suggested tire size for front and rear...
I would think the easy answer would be to get the same sizes the CTS-Vs run on those wheels.

...that will maintain the integrity of the tpms system while obtaining the aggressive look of the 19" V rim setup? I have read that the 19" rim can screw with the tpms system if the tire sizing is off.
I can't think of any reason that tire size would have any impact on the TPMS.

Through my research I found another forums suggestion of 19x9 +51 running a 255/40/19 and 19x9.5 +58 running a 305/35/19.
The manufacturer specs for a 305/30-19 say it should be mounted on at least a 10.5" wide wheel. I have to think 305s would look incredibly stupid on 9.5" wide wheels, so good decision on your part to stick with the stock 285s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts