Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched the forums and found the right model # to order... D34/78 but the posts seem to be in the wrong place. In fact, the blank plugs towards the outside corners are where the posts should be. It wouldn't be an issue except the truck post clamps are hard angled for the stock position.
If you have installed one (not looking for suggestions from those who have not installed this battery in an escalade) please let me know what you did.
Thanks for you help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Searched the forums and found the right model # to order... D34/78 but the posts seem to be in the wrong place. In fact, the blank plugs towards the outside corners are where the posts should be. It wouldn't be an issue except the truck post clamps are hard angled for the stock position.
If you have installed one (not looking for suggestions from those who have not installed this battery in an escalade) please let me know what you did.
Thanks for you help.
I have red top batteries in one truck and it has top and side posts, I use the top posts and they were about the same place as the Delco. What year and model truck do you have?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2007 Escalade ESV. I read everywhere on this forum that these Optima yellow top d34/78 are the best. I find it wierd I'm having an install issue?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
You might want to try GMFullsize.com, or one of the bevy of other full size GM truck forums out there. I find that we actually a very small sliver of people on this Escalade forum, and I've had to go to other forums or Ask.com etc. for answers to a few questions. The Tahoe and Yukon (and especially the Denali with the 6.2L) should be set up the same way for 2007.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
If you are stuck with the battery and can't return it I would suggest putting it in the other tray using the Tahoe police package setup and getting a properly fitting battery for the passenger side. If you decide to change out cables instead be careful of the sensor wrapped around the original battery cable because it senses battery condition and effects many situations in the BCM and you might not get it set right.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum 16
382 Posts
Not an exact fit, but it will work...try maneuvering the negative clamp then secure it, it will never be flush, I bought two, the second with new pos/neg cables which fit snug....if you can't alter it you may have to purchase a different negative cable at the dealer with a different clamp $$$

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have it installed and it works...just not the clean factory setup. I guess thats how it goes.
I'd love to see pics from anyone who has already installed this battery.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville
127 Posts
Would also be interesting to see how yours is installed. Did you have to get new cables or how did you solve your problem?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ran into this problem as well. Some people suggested that they fit, they just don't fit right which I did not find acceptable. I returned the battery, but than regretted it because I should have just put it in the second battery tray.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts