Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the GM world...especially cadillac. I know my wranglers and rams great but I'm still learning about my new 93 fleetwood. It has 219,000 miles on it. My father in law has owned it since it was 2 years old and has kept EXCELLENT care of it. If it ever needed anything he did it without thinking. But I'm trying to come up with a plan of action for the engine. It runs great but does have a few kinks that need worked out plus I know it'll need some overhaul work soon. One big issue is it hates driving through parking lots or in traffic but still gets me over 30mpg on the highway with cruise set at 75mph. in the parking lots it acts like it's losing fuel. What would be causing this? And I do need to replace the front end exhaust soon...what do you recommend for that...I know it has high mileage but it was really well taken care of and I would like to coax a little more power out of it. I know opening up the exhaust would help. I made a promise when he gave me this car to try and double the mileage. I am working on replacing the interior parts that are worn out, like the drivers seat and dash.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
The first thing I would check if the fuel filter; it may be partially blocked, causing low fuel pressure at low RPM. You should also test the fuel pressure and output volume of the fuel pump and injectors. Also check for a clogged air filter and vacuum leaks, as this can also cause issues with fuel delivery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts