Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe Blk Raven/platinum
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace wife's vehicle, found a certified 2015 Ats coupe, premium, 3.6 with 1,000 miles on it for $40,000 located at a Cadillac dealership in Las Vegas, about 200 miles from me. No accidents, extended warranty. I'm golden with the 6 year 70,000 mile warranty correct? Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Ask any dealer to show you the service history to check for lemon leaning stuff. And look at it before buying. You wouldn't be the first to get there and find the paint pretty beat up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would bad paint still pass the 174 point inspection?
Is it ok to post link?

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Need to find out if it Base, Luxury, Performance or Premium model. New Luxury is listed as $41k.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
Need to find out if it Base, Luxury, Performance or Premium model. New Luxury is listed as $41k.
OP stated it was premium which it looks to be. Under "Options" they show Premium package. It has heads up so at least a pretty loaded performance or premium

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,405 Posts
Carvone, thank you. My thoughts exactly. I guess I could call and ask a salesperson? It seams to be a good deal without being certified, being certified aren't you pretty well covered?
http://www.sewellcadillac-grapevine.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2015-Cadillac-ATS_Coupe-3.6L_V6_RWD_Premium-Grapevine-TX/2485133393
I guess I don't have to jump on a plane to Vegas tomorrow (DANG)
I think a Carfax sometimes shows repairs at the dealer. Also, go ahead and call the salesman and see if he will give you any information, won't hurt. Last, if all else checks out, if going there I would be prepared to buy it. No point in getting there, liking it and coming back some other time to buy it or having it shipped to you. Somewhat surprised you are flying 200 miles unless it is so you can drive it back.

Last, worst case scenario is it has been wrecked or had serious mechanical issues but if everything looks good, worst case scenario is selling a CPO for what you bought this for wouldn't be that difficult and the CPO puts a really long warranty on it.

My guess is someone bought a coupe and realized coupes aren't for them.

·
Registered
07 STS 1SG / 10 STS 1SG / 17 XTS
336 Posts
Carvone, thank you. My thoughts exactly. I guess I could call and ask a salesperson? It seams to be a good deal without being certified, being certified aren't you pretty well covered?
http://www.sewellcadillac-grapevine.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2015-Cadillac-ATS_Coupe-3.6L_V6_RWD_Premium-Grapevine-TX/2485133393
I guess I don't have to jump on a plane to Vegas tomorrow (DANG)
So are you going for this one?? That Blue is pure sex and the wheels are much nicer also, for close to the same price I would go for the Blue one. Closer to go look at also. My wife and I sat in many of these and they are just too small for our family, I love the cars but needed the extra space. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
Honestly if there's nothing wrong with it in the service history, I might even have them take off the CPO label (and the price to go with it). It's practically a brand new car, you still have a ton of factory warranty on it. Buying it certified, you'd be paying for a warranty that you won't even be able to/need to use for several years.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
848 Posts
The best way to look at it is, someone else has taken care of the initial depreciation. You know. That the car loses 25% in value when you drive it off the lot. And you didn't lose it.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Luxury Glacier Blue Metallic; Lt. Titanium/Ebony
34 Posts
Beautiful car! I would buy it if I lived there and wanted a coupe. I had a CTS coupe and it wasn't big enough for me. So I bought an SRX. LOVED the coupe, though, and would love this one!

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my 2014 ATS 2.0 T 6MT performance at that dealership. Sewell is one of the best Cadillac dealers in the country. It was a GM demo with every option. Had 9000 miles on it and was certified. Got it for $35,900. Now with 23000 trouble free miles. Most fun car to drive than any previous (includes BMW, Jag, Mercedes). Ask for John Kantarski at the dealership; great sales rep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guy's. I'm kind of scared I might prefer the ride to my CTS. Starting to think of excuses,maybe the CTS is larger thus safer? She really does like the Recaro's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts