Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS SPORT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone got awfully sensitive about my wording for my last post that was deleted by a monitor when i was looking for thoughts and took at as me trying to sell in forums.

SO! im thinking of getting rid of my sports grille and going all mesh because i feel like the sports grille doesn't match well with the lower bumper grille...am i crazy?

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i perosnally love your car sitting stock just as it is. that light platinum with the sports grille and that wheel package just looks perfect stock to me...as far as it not going with the lower grille, i think it looks fine, now if you had a regular grille, then i would have to agree

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
374 Posts
I wouldn't touch it, that grill with those wheels, clear fogs and sides looks great.
I'm not a fan of that color, but it suits your car well with that setup.
I would try and photoshop some eyelids to see how they would look as well.
Just my opinion though, it is your ride so do what you want. Your the one that has to live with it

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance
180 Posts
They need to keep a fairly tight lid on it, or the board would be three pages of "WTS misc parts" before any real information or discussion.

Aaanyway, I run the same thing in black and wouldn't change the grille for anything. I'm considering a V bumper, but that's about it for major body modification.

e: I was thinking about eyelids too, maybe just to cover the upper portion, I don't want my car looking like she's high, but that's just me.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I was thinking about eyelids too, maybe just to cover the upper portion, I don't want my car looking like she's high, but that's just me.
if you have a black car like your signature at the top states, if i was you i would consider painting (or vynal) that whole gray area around the light instead of eyelids. if you want to know what i am talking about or how it looks, look up one of my last started threads with pics of my CTS in it and look at the lights...this is just my opinion on the black CTS

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
:yeah: that is exactly what i am talking about...that picture is the vynal overlay, but if you look at my car in that same thread, you will see mine are painted

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance
180 Posts
Looks wicked, I didn't mean to threadjack, but I'll probably give it a shot.

Couldn't agree more about the sport grille either, it's my favorite(I'm probably biased). The V grille is great too, but the chrome is overwhelming sometimes.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Like I stated in the previous thread before it got removed, I definitely think the sports grill is the best looking grill. I think second is the V grill, then third is either a painted stocker of one of those ebay grills. lol

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6L
57 Posts
Idk if you saw my reply to the original post before it got deleted, but i really want your sports grill. i tried to pm but not enough posts yet, sooo my only option is to reply:banghead:. apparently i CAN receive PMs, so please send me the price; i totally want to buy it.
that said, you may now be convinced that your grill works with the lower mesh. from the angle of the pics i think the mesh behind upper grill ties in with your modded lower pretty well, but i get why u would want to go with all mesh since you don't really see the mesh on yours when standing near the car.like i said, i want your sport grille so obviously i like that look, but i wouldn't be putting mesh below it. let me know what you decide, and your car is super sharp man! i've got light platinum as well; getting ready to do clear drl's & sides, HID, led, etc. dig your wheels too. wth, can i just have your car??:worship:

·
Registered
2007 CTS SPORT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
let me know what you decide, and your car is super sharp man! i've got light platinum as well; getting ready to do clear drl's & sides, HID, led, etc. dig your wheels too. wth, can i just have your car??:worship:
thanks 1g, def costs some money to get it how u want it.. but its so nice seeing what it starts at to how u make it urs. i did the HIDs in the fogs, my headlights came stock and i replaced alllllll other white bulbs with leds. on the rear end i have a small lip on the trunk and exhaust tips that also came stock with this sports package..... looks like ill have to give the grille more thought, sorry bout that

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6L
57 Posts
thanks 1g, def costs some money to get it how u want it.. but its so nice seeing what it starts at to how u make it urs. i did the HIDs in the fogs, my headlights came stock and i replaced alllllll other white bulbs with leds. on the rear end i have a small lip on the trunk and exhaust tips that also came stock with this sports package..... looks like ill have to give the grille more thought, sorry bout that
No worries TommyF, my offer stands if u ever change your mind. i'll add u to my pm friends list when i get enough posts - i think that'll make it easier to get me if u reconsider in the future & i want to be able to refer back to pics of your car for the clean look that i am looking for). i just got my cts last summer and i have recently learned from this forum that i can do some things to make it mine like you said. also learned that i should have shopped around a bit more and got a sport package like yours; i didn't even know it existed at the time. i actually found my car after going to look at a used benz in the same price range. the sales guy was like, "oh yeah i just bought that car a few days ago". now i have a feeling i am better off w/ the cts and the merce would have cost me more in maintenance & headaches (like 90K miles vs 40K on my car). now that i'm hooked, i'd sure like to get a sport like urs or even a V:thumbsup:. thanks again for the pics of your ride, looks sweet!
-Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts