Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2003 CTS 3.2
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw a '54 Fleetwood one day and just fell in love with that era's Caddy emblem. Problem is I can't find one for myself.... But before I resort to murder to get one I thought I'd get some input. I put it on a black "V" grille and put the "V" grille on my car in Photoshop. (I still have the brownish grey factory one)

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i definitely like it...and you even made my wife say WOW, that looks nice

·
Registered
Black 2003 CTS 3.2
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, thanks! I really like the sports grille as well though, I might mock it up tomorrow. I also intend on having the chrome either blacked out or completely painted black. (the fogs where Photoshopped too, they wouldn't be as "chromey" in that shading)

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I don't know if I like it, but I have seen those vintage emblems on several newer cadillacs. They were all DTS though.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i think i would like it on the back better than the front...and much smaller.
i was actually looking at those exact emblems a few times on ebay.
the one i really like is the flying angel hood one, but it just doesnt suit the cts, if i had a deville i would put it on.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
The last time I saw a flying lady on a hood, it was on a Chrysler 300 that was pretending to be some sort of phantom / flying spur clone.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i was looking at one of the flying ladies in one of those car accessories stores, was about to buy it to just put on my desk i think it was the 30s designm then i saw the price...$70!!!!

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/4093/PreviewComp/SuperStock_4093-24584.jpg

then there is the 1948 one that looks like its for a sports car (they should work this into the V from stock)
http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/1948-cadillac-hood-ornament-jill-reger.jpg

really like this one...low profile with wings..this 1 says its off a 41
http://land.allears.net/blogs/photoblog/cadillac_hood_ornament_st.jpg

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6
1,484 Posts
i like the 50's emblem. it looks good. but maw i suggest that you rid of the shield and get the skull from 8th day creations to put in its place???

·
Registered
2007 Black CTS
9 Posts
WOW, i was skeptical with the emblem before seeing the pics. I think that gives the CTS a whole new look (from the front end). I say go for it and im looking forward to seeing the end result.

·
Registered
Black 2003 CTS 3.2
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha I actually have pics with the little V, I bought one and took them awhile back, it just seems like this body style was meant for it, in my opinion. Here's close up pics of the front and rear emblems

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts