Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6 AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been thinking about getting this tuner for my car. What are people's thoughts on it for their 3.6 awd? Has anyone experienced any issues with their car after uploading the program to their car? Any insight on it is much appreciated. I will be running 93 in it since up here on good old New England E83 is no where to be found haha

·
Registered
2015 ATS
10 Posts
I have one i used for my 5.3 GM truck. If you can get it to load properly it works as advertised, but if you go to their forum page, there seems to be a lot of units that have problems updating or loading the software into the car. Some have even caused the vehicle to not start.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
Hey guys I've been thinking about getting this tuner for my car. What are people's thoughts on it for their 3.6 awd? Has anyone experienced any issues with their car after uploading the program to their car? Any insight on it is much appreciated. I will be running 93 in it since up here on good old New England E83 is no where to be found haha
Where are you in not so good New England? Just saying that because I'm thinking about moving to florida. Tired of CT and taxes are going up again. Insurance companies are threatening to leave CT because of this. Will not be the insurance capital anymore. It will look like parts of Detroit if this happens. My wife even works at Travelers so she has inside scoop. Sorry off topic. Let us know how it turns out for you. I have been thinking of doing the same. But it's just going to give you more snappy shifts and such. No real HP gains as I was told.

·
Registered
2018 XTS VSport Platinum AWD
283 Posts
I've got a KPE tune on my AWD 3.6, and the seat of the pants feel is like night and day.. Especially the part throttle low end torque.. The car is just peppy as hell.. And since the car now make so much more power, with so little throttle opening.. The transmission doesn't rev out the engine from just quick acceleration.. It bangs off shifts at lower rpms, and just keeps pulling.. KPE says their tune worth 30 ft lbs of torque, and about 19 hp.. And it sure does feel like it..

BTW... There where no issues with starting, driving, cruising, or check engine lights.. Everything appears as if the car is totally stock... That is until you mash on the gas..

I'm going to guess the Diablosport tune is much the same..

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I'm up in northen MA next to the NH boarder! We got way to much snow this winter.
Yeah wasn't a good winter. And drawn out. When I was a kid I loved it. Now I'm 41 it got real old fast. I have family in Stowe VT and other little towns. I worked in North Hatfield Mass for 10 years. I need to go south now.

----------

I've got a KPE tune on my AWD 3.6, and the seat of the pants feel is like night and day.. Especially the part throttle low end torque.. The car is just peppy as hell.. And since the car now make so much more power, with so little throttle opening.. The transmission doesn't rev out the engine from just quick acceleration.. It bangs off shifts at lower rpms, and just keeps pulling.. KPE says their tune worth 30 ft lbs of torque, and about 19 hp.. And it sure does feel like it..

BTW... There where no issues with starting, driving, cruising, or check engine lights.. Everything appears as if the car is totally stock... That is until you mash on the gas..

I'm going to guess the Diablosport tune is much the same..
I didn't know it added some HP. Way back everyone said it doesn't add hp but maps transmission shifts much better. I want one now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I didn't know it added some HP. I want one now.
Here is a dyno graph of a before and after tune on a 3.6 ... You can see why it's so awesome on off idle torque..

http://www.kpe-products.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/ATS-3.6L-Tune-WEB.jpg

I thought what you said earlier in this thread, about moving to Florida to be kind of ironic.. Because just last year, my sister moved from Florida to Connecticut.. She moved to New Haven and has to catch a train everyday to her job in New York.. Her husband now plays Mr. Mom..

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Here is a dyno graph of a before and after tune on a 3.6 ... You can see why it's so awesome on off idle torque..

http://www.kpe-products.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/ATS-3.6L-Tune-WEB.jpg

I thought what you said earlier in this thread, about moving to Florida to be kind of ironic.. Because just last year, my sister moved from Florida to Connecticut.. She moved to New Haven and has to catch a train everyday to her job in New York.. Her husband now plays Mr. Mom..
Right now in life I would be happy to be Mr. Mom. And man why the hell would she move here? It better be for money. This is not a state to live in right now. And the snow and other weather we have that's another story. I'm freezing now thinking about it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Right now in life I would be happy to be Mr. Mom. And man why the hell would she move here? It better be for money. This is not a state to live in right now. And the snow and other weather we have that's another story. I'm freezing now thinking about it.
She's pulling down some pretty good money.. My mom told me it's something like 180K a year.. I saw on the news where the northeast had a butt kicking winter.. So I asked her how she was coping with all the snow.. She told me it wasn't that bad.. I was thinking, yeah right.. Tell me anything..

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
She's pulling down some pretty good money.. My mom told me it's something like 180K a year.. I saw on the news where the northeast had a butt kicking winter.. So I asked her how she was coping with all the snow.. She told me it wasn't that bad.. I was thinking, yeah right.. Tell me anything..
Well further up north up state we get a little more snow and such. But for 180k you better believe I'll move here. Wife making that much I would stay home as well. Good for her. I don't make bank like that so no reason for me to stay. Can you get me a wife that makes that? hope the wife doesn't see this. But damn that's a good wife. I'll have dinner waiting every night with a back rub making that money. I'll even wear an apron.

----------

And that is a good increase in power. I want it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Belman said:
I've got a KPE tune on my AWD 3.6, and the seat of the pants feel is like night and day.. Especially the part throttle low end torque.. The car is just peppy as hell.. And since the car now make so much more power, with so little throttle opening.. The transmission doesn't rev out the engine from just quick acceleration.. It bangs off shifts at lower rpms, and just keeps pulling.. KPE says their tune worth 30 ft lbs of torque, and about 19 hp.. And it sure does feel like it.. BTW... There where no issues with starting, driving, cruising, or check engine lights.. Everything appears as if the car is totally stock... That is until you mash on the gas.. I'm going to guess the Diablosport tune is much the same..
Did you also apply the kpe transmission tune or leave it factory?

·
Registered
2013 3.6 AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Being MR. Mom wouldnt be that bad of a gig! As for the snow this winter was horrible! Lowell Ma was the highest snow fall total in the whole country this year and i live about a mile from there LOL.

As for the KPE tune thank you guys for your input i will have to take a look at it and most likely pick it up. I like the off the line tq it gives with it.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Being MR. Mom wouldnt be that bad of a gig! As for the snow this winter was horrible! Lowell Ma was the highest snow fall total in the whole country this year and i live about a mile from there LOL.

As for the KPE tune thank you guys for your input i will have to take a look at it and most likely pick it up. I like the off the line tq it gives with it.
Just don't give the baby Beans:crybaby:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts