Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed quite a few new GM body style Cadillac Escalades, GMC Yukons, and Chevrolet Tahoes/Suburbans in my area. The Escalades do look pretty cool with striking front and rear ends. Yukons are not quite as striking but I have to say, the Tahoes and Suburbans are ugly! The "slab-sided" look just doesn't work and the front ends are just plain strange. They actually look like SUV funeral hearsts. GM did not hit a home run on this new style. The previous generation GM SUVs at least had a few curves and some personality. Will be surprised if GM does not do a restyle in the near future, The interiors may be far better than the past and some chasis improvements may be great, but the outside look is just plain jane. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
293 Posts
When I seemed old style SUV, I think old and dated.
I LOVE the new design, but only in the shorter version.
IMO the ESV, the Surburban and the Yukon XL are a little weird looking.. Too square and very utilitarian like, especially the Burb.
Others may feel they are beautiful and the short version is ugly.
One thing is for sure, beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.
Either way, it's a better look now, especially the GMC and the Caddy.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Just my opinion:

Suburban and Tahoe - prefer 07-14 especially front end.

Yukon and Yukon XL - new front end much better. 07-14 headlights too bug-eyed

Escalade and ESV - like the new front end slightly better than 07-14. Like grille on 07-14 slightly more.

Don't really care for the taillights on new Escalade and don't notice too much difference either way on anything else exterior-wise.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
My 2 pennies. Tahoe is ugly, Yukon is good looking. The Escalade is Jessica Biel before she lost the weight and her booty.

By the odd chance someone doesn't know who Jessica Biel is, then what I'm saying is the Escalade is the best looking SUV on the planet.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
hannity said:
My 2 pennies. Tahoe is ugly, Yukon is good looking. The Escalade is Jessica Biel before she lost the weight and her booty. By the odd chance someone doesn't know who Jessica Biel is, then what I'm saying is the Escalade is the best looking SUV on the planet.
......and I'm justin timberlake;)!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
The 2015 GM trucks are the most hideous thing I have ever seen. They look like a Hearst, and the mafia has a few dead bodies inside. I can't believe this design passed, and people are actually buying them. It's disgusting.

The interior however, is much improved. More leg room. But that doesn't make up for the outside.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like the front and rear of the Escalade, but I think it's unfortunate that from the side, it's virtually identical to its cheaper stablemates - would prefer it if the 'lade had its own sheet metal. I agree that in all cases, the shorter versions look far better.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
But the ESV starts looking much better when you start loading your kids football team in it!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Previous generation Tahoe was gorgeous and it still is after 7 years:

Current Tahoe is butt ugly:

If the lead designer for the Tahoe worked on the Silverado, he should be fired, since they are redesigning that abomination right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts