Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, quick back story before I ask my question. I came from a pristine 05 escalade ext. Loved it but my wife wouldn't drive it. So i traded it in on my 2011 cts awd premium. It's mint condition with 28k miles on it. The problem is its too small for me, along with a car seat for my daughter in the back. When I was recently in for service I looked at a 2007 escalade with very high Mileage, 180,000 to be exact. It is in almost mint condition and has been sold and serviced meticulously at this dealership. I got a good trade in value on my car, and can get this escalade for around 16,000. Would you buy it? Or wait for something else?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts
This has been asked a hundred times, try a quick search or dig a little. (2nd pg)

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know it has been covered and I knew I was going to get that answer. I read all of the posts about high Mileage escalades and their issues. The 6.2 liter is a very reliable engine if well maintained. I just thought this was a little different because it was very high Mileage.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts
Engine concerns, prob solid if it has that many miles, but there's so much more to worry about with a high mileage car.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edit - it wouldn't let me attach the car fax

That's the car fax with all the service history attached to it if someone wants to take a look through it.

It seems to have had an oil change every 5k. Along with every other fluid flushed and filled about 3 or 4 times.

----------

Mr Holland, what's your general consensus? It's a South Florida car its whole life, very clean inside and out. The only things I found wrong was a broken manifold bolt, valve cover gasket oil seap, and one wheel inside chrome peeling.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
171 Posts
Personally, I think you can do better. I recently purchased a 2007 with less than 96K on it for only a few thousand more than the one you are looking at.

Regardless of what you decide, this forum is filled with a wealth of information to aid you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input sk1d. I'm going to test drive it again and climb under a little more. Of all the maintenance done to the truck, I didn't see any shocks replaced. I heard they are expensive. I If I get a bad feeling I'll walk away and keep looking for another.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang, 2007 Escalade EXT
93 Posts
I think you could do better as well with the miles, I own a 2007 EXT with over 215,000 miles and it runs gr88t but I started at 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Price is a little high. You can buy an Escalade with 288,000km on it for $11-12k all day long in Canada through private.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds a little high to me, we paid 18,000 for our 2007 ESV 8 months ago and it is in pristine condition with 140,000 miles on it. We haven't had one problem with it. Service records were impeccable, the couple who had it only drove it on business trips.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going back for a second test drive this afternoon. If everything looks good, I'm going to try to get them to 15,000 including taxes. Does that sound like a fair purchase price?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you not seen all the issues with trac control and service stabilitrak including stalling and low power with high mileage escalades? There is an issue with the vvt system... Idk if I would call the 6.2 reliable.... My family has a 2007 with 190k. Our 2002 Yukon with a 5.3 has 310k on it and we drive the hell out of it including hard off-road treks in deep sand, washboards, and really dusty roads. Just my .02

----------

I should mention we babied the Cadillac and beat the hell out of the Yukon. The Yukon has has no engine issues whatsoever. Still on the original water pump in fact. The escalade started acting up 40k miles ago giving us stalling problems and service trac control stabilitrak crap

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow this is great info, thanks. I test drove it again yesterday afternoon. It runs and drives perfect, but you are worrying me with the stalling and Trac control issues.
I offered 15,000 final price after tags and taxes. If they don't take it, no loss on my part. I'll just walk away.
I don't "need" it right now, I just want it. out a couple more years until the 2010 and up premiums escalades come down in price.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Wow this is great info, thanks. I test drove it again yesterday afternoon. It runs and drives perfect, but you are worrying me with the stalling and Trac control issues.
I offered 15,000 final price after tags and taxes. If they don't take it, no loss on my part. I'll just walk away.
I don't "need" it right now, I just want it. out a couple more years until the 2010 and up premiums escalades come down in price.
The service stabilitrak/traction control messages come on when there is something wrong with the engine or other components! Not really a major problem. These trucks are reliable, but I'd get an '09+. They seem to be bulletproof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts