Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the push button on the driver's door to open the trunk numerous times. The last few times when I have pressed the button the trunk does not open consistently and I end up having to use the remote. I got out the manual and it says car must be in park, etc. so I'm doing that correctly. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2010 SRX
75 Posts
Press the unlock door button located in the center of the dashboard for the rearhatch button in the door to activate. Also transmission has to be in Park. Must be a safety feature so the hatch wont open while driving.

·
Registered
2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cooper10, thank you so much for the reply. I had used the unlock/lock buttons on the dashboard recently. I'm sure that's the reason for my problem. I find out new things about my car everyday it seems. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX
1,163 Posts
Ironically this is one of my main gripes with the Euro-architecture. I want my door lock buttons on the drivers door again! PIA to have to lean all the way into seat to reach the dash button. Often with dirty work clothes/shoes, from servicing my SRX. ( I have the light interior) .

Anyway, it took me a few times too, to figure this out.........

SS

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
1,817 Posts
Ironically this is one of my main gripes with the Euro-architecture. I want my door lock buttons on the drivers door again!
Actually, the only time I use the lock buttons on the dash is when I'm sitting somewhere parked and I want the doors locked. I know I can turn off the feature that unlocks the doors when you shift into "P", but I prefer to keep it on, since 99% of the time that's what I want. Just one of the reasons passive locking was mandatory for me. I don't want to have to fool around with ANY lock buttons, no matter where they're located. I want to be able to just get out of the car, walk away and forget about it. However, I can see how having the lock button on the dash would be a pain to others. Even though I rarely use the button, from day one I thought this was an odd location for it. First car I ever owned that didn't have this on the door.

Sube

·
Registered
2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX
1,163 Posts
Me too Sube. All my other rides had buttons on the doors. But I have to give the Devil his due.......I love the heated seat buttons on the dash so I can turn on the wife's heat too, w/o leaning all the way over the center console, when I haven't Remote started it.

Some guys here have turned OFF the passive lock feature (if they have a Premium model) as the X would always be locked, when they went over to her, in their driveway, with keys left in the house. You can leave the key fob in the car, if inside a garage, but not necessarily in the driveway.

LOL Guess nothing's perfect, even the SRX!

SS

SS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts