Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave my FOB in my pocket, go inside, sit on the couch and presto, I have just sat on the open trunk button and my trunk is open. I am really afraid I am going to sit on the OPEN WINDOWS sequence and come out some morning after a night of rain to a car full of water. My last car did this also and I actually opened up the FOB and broke off those buttons so it wouldn't happen. I don't mind that I can't open my trunk or doors from 100 feet away, the buttons on the door work fine for me. Do I need to do the same thing again?

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
I had that happen too, bought the fob wraps that are advertised on this site. Nice little leather piece that has a flap that stays closed via little magnets. No more unintended fob operation.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium Black Diamond - 2011 CTS Luxury Black Raven
108 Posts
Your fob should be able to be set for the extended press feature so that It has to be pressed for (2 sec I believe)

·
Registered
2014 XTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks but it is set for the 2 seconds. if I am up against the armrest I might sit without moving for 2 minutes, All that time the button is pressed.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
The wrap is made to hold the FOB only inside the wrap, but there is a small D-ring on the non-flap side that you can attach to a key ring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts