Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was able to get a shot of the speedo with my new camera phone, on an open highway today. Enjoy
Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
:bouncy: :D :worship: :canttalk:

Wow. I'm impressed. I'll be right there when I get new tires. :)
You got any good pics of that baby?

BTW: I'm 4 miles behind you on the odometer! LOL.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Not bad..... Were you in 3rd or 4th, because the Q shifts from 3rd to 4th at about 130.......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elwesso said:
Not bad..... Were you in 3rd or 4th, because the Q shifts from 3rd to 4th at about 130.......
I was still in 3rd at that point, it was about to shift, but it would have reached its max speed of 130, then shut itself down.
Frank

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I have a little more than 2x his mileage!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Was that on I-691? THats where I do my runs.

Fastest i had my car though was 110 so far. But me got my friend's 86 firebird to 160 on that road... that was fun. we ran out of Speedo and had to take the gear ratios and engine speeds to figure out the speed we were going.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually it was on rt 9 near schallers in new britain. It was WIDE OPEN that day, but i did learn a valuable lesson that day, the STS cannot handle that right turn that head to New Britain at 130, you NEED to slow down :bonkers:
Frank

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
140 Posts
HEADLAMPS SUGGESTED

Why do I find this so amusing?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
ok, if that was 3rd at 126, if you got an aftermarket chip to remove the limiter....... how far could the N* pull to?

man, I bet the N* was really having fun at that point, look at the tach :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I've topped my mom's car ('97 honda crv) at 110 and my bros car (96 accord) at 115. My friend broke his spedo in his '90 stang from burrying the needle so many times.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Still not as fast as I've gotten my Spec V up too. I hit 142 mph but it took me quite a long time but the wait was well worth it :rolling:
how long did it take you to hit that speed? Is there specific yr or batch that can hit that speed?(some spec-v owners posted on the forum that they were only able to hit 130 or so and other few saying 140+)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts