Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped hood, closed door, car auto locked, disconnected negative terminal, closed hood and thought nothing about it until I remembered that I didn't get the hard key when I purchased my v. Is there any other option besides AAA? I'm so stupid!

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
You could call OnStar if you have that. I take it you only have one FOB?

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,906 Posts
Look through the grille at the hood latch. Look at where the cable goes. Take a flat head screwdriver and stick it through the grille and work the latch with it. Insert it vertically and twist it to move the latch. I had to do this on an 08 a couple days ago. The 08 has bigger spaces in the grille but you can still do it with the V grille.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. And Timmy, I think I have a key for you. We'll see when i get home. I will let ya'll know how it goes.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Timmy! Thanks a bunch. Popped right open, and now I don't have to worry about AAA jacking up my trim attempting to get my door unlocked.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
So its that easy to pop the hood? I better keep my gold brick in the trunk then.
The alarm will go off if the battery is still connected and the doors are locked. Still pretty easy to disconnect the battery once the hood is open.

Timmy! Thanks a bunch. Popped right open, and now I don't have to worry about AAA jacking up my trim attempting to get my door unlocked.
Glad that worked!

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
just curious, what does the hood being open have to do with getting into the car--BTW my key fob has a key inside the fob--just pull it apart. Ive used Onstar to open my cars sveeral times,well worth the cost

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
just curious, what does the hood being open have to do with getting into the car--BTW my key fob has a key inside the fob--just pull it apart. Ive used Onstar to open my cars sveeral times,well worth the cost
Need the hood open to reconnect the battery so the doors open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts