Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance FWD
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get any Onstar deals recently? They've raised their rates and I'm contemplating whether to re-new it. Thanks

·
Registered
2018 XT5
605 Posts
I've had the free Onstar on numerous cars including my Volt which came with 3 years free and outside of playing with it a few times never used or needed it. Only thing I would possibly use would be the directions, then a new Garmin would do better and cost less.

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
I haven't had OnStar in years and haven't missed it. Of course I never used it during the trial period either.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance FWD
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you. My main interest would be in the stolen car protection (not sure exactly what it is called).

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
I hear you. My main interest would be in the stolen car protection (not sure exactly what it is called).
That's called car insurance?

I stupidly paid for OnStar on two cars for several years including $16 per month for unlimited OnStar calling which did not work that well. Never used the OnStar itself.?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance FWD
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, it's the car recovery system that I'm looking for. If your car is stolen, they can help track down the car. They communicate with the police and can disable the car as well.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-Vsport
335 Posts
stealth97 said:
Actually, it's the car recovery system that I'm looking for. If your car is stolen, they can help track down the car. They communicate with the police and can disable the car as well.
If it is stolen you likely don't want it back.
Joyriding or stripped, either way it won't be the same auto you had.

Let it disappear and take the insurance quickly before it turns up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts