Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently they send you an e-mail once per month telling you how your car is running. It runs hundreds of diagnostics on your car via the Onstar antenna and let's you know if anything is wrong, how many hands free calling minutes you have, suggested maintenance (if any), recall notices, etc by sending you an e-mail once per month. You can also press the blue button and get the diagnosis anytime...like if you have a check engine light come on.

Sounds kinda neat :yup:

I wonder if they can tell you modified your car like a tune and turn you down for warranty repairs? :canttalk:

You can sign up here... onstar.com/vehiclediagnostics

Has anyone signed up for this? :cool2:

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Ever try to get a DTC code number through On$tar with a check engine light on?

The hundreds of diagnostics are already running on every V; its called OBDII. On$tar diagnositcs for money. What will they think of next? Emails telling the tire pressures on a V?

If this is of interest, spend the money on your own diagnostic software and get real, useable data instead of an email saying everything is peachy or we don't know, bring it to your dealer to have it checked out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rather than making big broth...er OnStar standard, it should be like the '06 V sunroof, an option that you can get credit for deleting. Then GM would see how many people really want it. I don't need GM tracking my driving habits and where I go just for the convenience of them unlocking my doors if I forget the keys inside.

I've also had the system go off on me twice while cleanly (no cone contact) auto-crossing a Malibu. 'OnStar has detected an airbag deployment, dialing representative.' ??? The first time my buddy yells 'we just hit a tree, this car is a POS!', the next time I asked for a '#2, super sized with a coke.' :histeric:
That's a well functioning system for ya. :hmm:

Stealth is 110% right. I picked up the Ease scanner for my Vette and Daytona and it is an invaluable tool that pays for itself time and again. Plus you have the benefit of using it on all OBDII GM cars if you have any in the stables or friends/family with them, not just your V.
-Mike

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
Try to register my 2004 V via the Onstar Web page. Their response is that Onstar Vehicle diagnostics are not available on my vehicle.:thepan:

GT

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Me no likey Big Brother..

now if I can only get the bar code tat removed from the back of my neck....

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Dennisscars said:
Me no likey Big Brother..

now if I can only get the bar code tat removed from the back of my neck....
Wouldn't matter, Dennis. The chip implanted in your dental work is what they're really tracking and listening to you with :p

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
wildwhl said:
Wouldn't matter, Dennis. The chip implanted in your dental work is what they're really tracking and listening to you with :p
SOOOOO that's where the voices inside my head are coming from... for what I pay in taxes you'd think they'd give me stereo....

"Take your stinking paws of me you dam dirty ape!..."
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=AtNhp1sYO4ub7lbYjBBsx_hXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE2Nm0zZHFzBGNvbG8DdwRsA1dTMQRwb3MDNARzZWMDc3IEdnRpZANGNjYyXzg1/SIG=12114kbu3/EXP=1133588197/**http%3a//www.specialtysports.com/contactus.html
"Their coming to take us away... ha ha"

"Must.. buy... more... mods... for .. V ..."

"Premium or race gas?"

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
I do know what you have to lose and yeah, there's better tools out there. It's free anyway if have On$tar. I like free stuff.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
urbanski said:
my 2 cents:
i let on$tar run out....the car already comes with roadside assist.
want "diagnostics"? pull into AutoZone and they'll hook up the ODBII scanner for free. Write down you codes and have them clear it. Look up the codes on teh FAQ. It's all free.
I haven't had my car for a year so to me the Onstar diagnostics is free too.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts