Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Lol. I got a 3 month trial when I purchased my PREVIOUS sts from a dealer. Still get their "offers" in the mail every month and now I don't own that car anymore.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a 6 month free trial but when I key press in, they say something about a weak signal & are unable to send turn by turn directions. I know my 06 STS didn't have that ability so I thought maybe the 08 didnt either.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it fixed! The advisor transferred me to technical support & apparently my software needed to be updated. Surprisingly, that didn't require a trip to the dealer. They were able to do it over the air. Turn by turn directions are now working! But I must admit, the nav system is way better!

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS4 V6
99 Posts
I agree with the nav system being way better.
Out of curiosity, I called about functionality of using a smartphone to remote start the vehicle, check gasoline tank level, oil level, tire pressure- among others-
and was told it is not available for my 06 STS - not even with a "software/firmware upgrade".

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,210 Posts
In dash navigation is great as long as you don't live where a lot of infrastructure changes are being made. They won't offer any information on a nav disc update if you call, nor have they extended the courtesy of returning my emails. I'm annoyed with constantly driving in what appears to be big open fields. Turn by Turn is far better in that respect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts