Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium, TerraMocha
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 SRX Premium. Anyone else having trouble with their OnStar Remote link connection? :crybaby:Mine hasn't worked for three days now. I deleted the app on my Android and reloaded it. Still no workee.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
706 Posts
Just checked mine and all is well. Has the car been sitting for a few days? If you don't use it for a while sometimes you need to drive a bit before it works again.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Likewise here - working fine just earlier today. Be aware that it takes quite a while for the app to connect to OnStar, OnStar to your car, back to OnStar and then back to your phone. In my case it's sometimes as long as 5 minutes or so.

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Just checked mine and all is well. Has the car been sitting for a few days? If you don't use it for a while sometimes you need to drive a bit before it works again.
A friend of mine told me that he read if your vehicle sits for more than 3 days, without starting up, the OnStar App will not start up your vehicle. Don't know if that is accurate or not but my friend would start up his vehicle once a day when we were away on vacation in NYC. It was Sub-Zero out back in February and he wanted to make sure his vehicle would start up and heat up. He also wanted to make sure that it worked when we all got back to our home airport. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife drove the car from Galveston back to Houston yesterday. When I log in--I get the following "OnStar Remotelink is currently unavailable. Service will resume shortly. (703)"

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
My wife drove the car from Galveston back to Houston yesterday. When I log in--I get the following "OnStar Remotelink is currently unavailable. Service will resume shortly. (703)"
I just now checked mine and it's working OK. Maybe something local to you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with OnStar earlier today and gave them the symptoms. They gave me a "case number" and said that they would call me back. We will see.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Luxury AWD, Black
1 Posts
I'm also having the same problem for the past week or so. My version of RemoteLink is 2.0.0.1669. My wife has version 2.0.3-R2060 and has no problem. I did the same thing you did, uninstall/reinstall. No difference. If I figure out how to install version 2.0.3-R2060 and it works, I will post.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Lux. Cocoa Bronze 3.6 V-6
126 Posts
My Onstar Remote version is 2.0.0-R2042 and the last time i tried it (about 6 weeks ago) it worked by honking the horn & flashing the Lights while the car was at the wifes office and she said it was loud and long before i turned it off, But it did work. I haven't tried it recently though. Onstar did tell me that Older versions did have some bugs and they had fixed them with the newer version like mine. That's what they said. I had a 2014 ATS and the Onstar Remote would NOT work on it, it was One of those Older versions. Looks like Onstar would send you an email or something to tell you their remote apps. don't work. I'm almost sure they are Linked registered someway with your name and model car you currently have. But like everybody else, NO Customer Service is still NO Customer Service.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spoke again with OnStar techs this PM. Did everything they suggested (delete and reload App, shut phone down including batt disconnect). App still no workee.

----------

Thanks for the ideas and info, Gents

·
Registered
126 Posts
I will try mine again Today and report back. My wife's office is about 12 miles from our home in a Large city. I'll try to start the car from Home for her when she leaves the office, If I don't forget. LoL. In fact I'll call her now and tell her to let me start the car tonight as a test of Onstar's Remote Starting feature.

Update: My
Onstar Remote Start works just fine. It started and shut down just like it's suppose to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just what you think it stands for---except a little more genteel

----------

Just what you think it stands for--just slightly more genteel!

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, they got all that. The app was working perfectly on my phone till about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
It seems like I had a similar issue with iOS.

In my case, I believe it had something to do with a registration in my OnStar subscription. It may have also been about the time I changed vehicles; I can't remember for sure.

IIRC, the general OnStar support team couldn't fix the issue and escalated it to a tech support team. Whether that was truly a tech support team or merely a more seasoned general support rep, I don't know. But I had to pursue it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thought that I would give the Remote Link app one more try . Last night I reloaded it and VOILA she works just fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts