Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,
Just wondering what kind of discount, if any, you guys were able to get from OnStar once your trial period ended? We have 2 GM vehicles with OnStar and also wondering if any of you received a multi car discount?

Thanks.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Onstar is never discounted. No multi-car discount but you save buying a year or more at a time instead of monthly.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
342 Posts
Which is really too bad, I will be cancelling onstar when my free trial expires end of May.

1) For some reason turn by turn isn't offered in my province.
2) I always have a cell phone so the only time the saftey package will benefit me is if I am too messed up to use my phone. I don't drive much, almost all (small) city driving and I drive very carefully so am not worried.
3) the phone is nice, but to have to spend $500/yr for onstar and then pay for additional minutes to use yet another phone number? not worth it.
4) I've had it for almost a year now and used it twice to call for a boost/jump for a dead battery. In both cases it would have been faster to call someone locally and bill to the dealership. Matter of fact in one case I hung up rather than waiting and did just that, in the first case I couldn't wait for a service truck and called a friend. So, basically I haven't gotten any benefit from it.

$500+ annually is too much. bottom line.
Although I will probably replace onstar with costar so I can have bluetooth and use my cell in the car without any additional phone numbers or fees.

thats my 2 cent opinion for the day.
:)

·
Registered
2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
1,019 Posts
The price for the Directions and Connection plan is $299/year plus minutes, not $500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts