Cadillac Owners Forum banner
341 - 353 of 353 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
I realize this post is over a year old, but I was wondering if these kits were still available. Even it is just a loaded PCB and the pigtail. I have a 2000 ETC and would like to replace the defunct analog unit with something useful. Bluetooth though the existing system would be very nice.

Thanks, Duane

· Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V, Previously 2005 CTS
11 Posts
Hi new to forum, i have 2000 deveille DTS .I have factory bose navagation , it has all other options except onstar and phone.I want to install on star mirror to have bluetooth . can this be done , i have followed this forum cant get enough info . I have gentex mirror 16pin with onstar .Thanks for any help
I had one in my 2005 cts that I was planning to put on eBay. Upgrade to a 2012, if you interested in a used unit PM me.

B

· Registered
102 Posts
Ouiz,

Due to hardware limitations, the 2003 Cadillac DTS is not Bluetooth capable through your OnStar system. I apologize for any inconvenience and would be more than happy to answer any additional questions. I hope this helps.

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

hi I just bought a 2003 dts and im not sure it has bluetooth capability, if not what do i need to do
to get that feature for my galaxy note phone any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

· Registered
2 Posts
I hate to revive an old thread, but I've been reading multiple threads on this topic for a couple days and I still haven't found concrete evidence for my question.

Will the '09 and newer VCIM work in an '05 CTS? Is the 05 capable of the swap like the second gen CTS? And in addition to Bluetooth calling, are you capable of Bluetooth music streaming from your phone to the factory system?

I've looked at a lot of options to have Bluetooth calling and music streaming in my '05. Everything from an FM transmitter, to the Parrot MKi9200, to the BlueStar/Costar replacement unit, and now this. This seams like the best option as the Parrot system and Bluestar unit are $200-$300. The FM transmitter style units are...well...cheap. I've seen the newer VCIM's sell for under a $100. So, if the '05 is capable of a simple swap just like the second gen CTS, then I'm game.

I will not be utilizing the Onstar system as I don't use it now and don't see myself shelling out all that dough for it.

So in summary:

Does the new Gen 8.1 and up VCIM swap in an '05 CTS?
And can you stream music from your phone to the factory stereo?

Thanks everyone!

· Registered
21 Posts
When my OnStar went down at the beginning of this year due to the FCC discontinuing analog cellular service, I decided it would be a good idea to use the buttons and microphone already installed in my 2001 DTS to interface to an existing bluetooth hands free kit.

It took a little longer than expected, but its now complete.

It works great and is real easy to install. You just locate and remove the OnStar VIU and plug this module in its place. Using the buttons on the mirror, you can place calls, accept calls, transfer calls and even mute calls. The module will automaticaly mute the radio when a call comes in. Even the steering wheel volume controls work to raise or lower the volume. The voice quality is excellent since you use the high quality OnStar microphone. And best of all, there are no wires to run. The OnStar LED indicates call progress, pairing, mute status, etc.

This module works only with older cars utilizing the class 2 communication bus. It is intended to replace the obsolete analog onStar system that is no longer in service with the bluetooth unit which ties directly to your cell phone. When installed, it mimics the OnStar communications so that no codes are set.

Is this something you guys might be interested in? I am not an authorized vendor, and I do NOT have anything to sell yet, but with enough interest, I could set something up.
I have a unit in my 05 sts caddy,I hear thru speakers making call but loose blue tooth I guess can't hear anything, redial makes call but drops out. Any advise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,967 Posts
He hasn't logged on for over 5 years. Hover over a member's avatar to see personal and site info.

The thread died almost 3 years ago.

Welcome to CF !!!

341 - 353 of 353 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.