Cadillac Owners Forum banner
321 - 340 of 353 Posts

· Registered
14,001 Posts
don't think it will work on your vehicle ... too many revisions ... the people doing this upgrade basically have the same module as the one with bluetooth (minus the bt functionality) so it's just plug and play ... you're 7-8 years behind and who knows how many versions of onstar behind ...

i'm not going to say never but it will take a lot (time and money) if it can be done

· Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
601 Posts
I have a VCIM in my 01 DTS from an 09 H3. This is one of the only that utilizes Class 2 communications. Being that my car is an 01, it uses 2 modules. I got an Onstar jumper harness from an 02 SLS to make things work. Everything was plug and play. You have to enable the phone option in the DIM with a Tech 2.

· Registered
1 Posts
Any chance this (or any) product to use on a 2003 Subaru or a 2001 Saab that both have OnStar?
Thanks,
Megan

OK.
Not too many responses, but here is a picture of the existing product showing the harness. Again, this simply plugs in right where the old onstar viu unit was. No running any wires. You get to use the mirror's onstar buttons and the existing onstar microphone.
This should work in any GM vehicle that used the old analog onstar system, although the interface harness may be slightly different.

· Registered
2003 cadillac dts
45 Posts
I was wondering about the same thing just bought a 2003 dts with built in cell phone and old onstar and wanted to hook my cell phone up in the car via blue tooth but could not find any way to do it seamlessly but this sound like it will work. what do I need to make this happen and will it affect my car in any way? was checking with the dealership on the upgrade.

· Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
607 Posts
I was wondering about the same thing just bought a 2003 dts with built in cell phone and old onstar and wanted to hook my cell phone up in the car via blue tooth but could not find any way to do it seamlessly but this sound like it will work. what do I need to make this happen and will it affect my car in any way? was checking with the dealership on the upgrade.
READ the entire thread or go to the website costartech.com

all is answered there.

· Registered
2000 Deville DTS white Pearl
1 Posts
Hi new to forum, i have 2000 deveille DTS .I have factory bose navagation , it has all other options except onstar and phone.I want to install on star mirror to have bluetooth . can this be done , i have followed this forum cant get enough info . I have gentex mirror 16pin with onstar .Thanks for any help

· Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
601 Posts
It may if it uses a class 2 communication line. If it uses GMLAN, these VCIM will not work. I will check.

Just checked. It is class 2. It looks like the class 2 wire would have to be moved from terminal 5 to 6 on connector 2. Everything else seems to match. Like I said, I never did a CTS before, but did my car.

321 - 340 of 353 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.