Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 CTS Premium. I installed iPhone Onstar App but App said it does not support my car. Does anyone know why?

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be a stupid question... But are you currently subscribed to onatar?
Yes, I am subscriber. I heard that OnStar Remotelink App works with 2011 and up Cadies. I also learned from this forum that this matter has been discussed

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe Pre. Coll.
113 Posts
I had the app. for about 2 mo. and it would never update tire press., gas, or mileage. Kind of a stupid app. anyways, you still have to have the remote with you to use the app. I deleted the app.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
GMAN12 said:
I had the app. for about 2 mo. and it would never update tire press., gas, or mileage. Kind of a stupid app. anyways, you still have to have the remote with you to use the app. I deleted the app.
You need to refresh it (like you refresh your browser) Mine works flawlessly. Also use it to start my car and also send addresses to the NAV.

You also don't need your remote with you for the app to work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine sure didn't work like that. Tried 3 or 4 times with the remote in the house and me outside. It kept telling me unable to send, go get the remote and it would work. How do you refresh it?

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
GMAN12 said:
Mine sure didn't work like that. Tried 3 or 4 times with the remote in the house and me outside. It kept telling me unable to send, go get the remote and it would work. How do you refresh it?
Do you register the device over at OnStar.com?

On the main page next to where you vehicle is listed (top of he page) there is the circle with the arrow that will refresh the app with the latest info.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Didn't know I was supposed to register it, maybe I'll have to read the fine print.:duck: I'll give it another try. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have 2010 CTS Premium. I installed iPhone Onstar App but App said it does not support my car. Does anyone know why?
Hi danoh123,

Unfortunately the reason why the RemoteLink app is unable to work with your 2010 CTS is because of hardware limitations within the vehicle. You can check the vehicles compatibility list here. http://bit.ly/TEXSci. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

If you have any additional questions just let me know.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dear Jessica,

I know OnStar offers non-GM car OnStar hardware. If I change to that would the app work?

Dan

Hi danoh123,

Unfortunately the reason why the RemoteLink app is unable to work with your 2010 CTS is because of hardware limitations within the vehicle. You can check the vehicles compatibility list here. http://bit.ly/TEXSci. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

If you have any additional questions just let me know.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

1 - 11 of 11 Posts