Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get a mailing from Onstar that my account has been deactivated. I figured what it was and sure enough it was for the CTS I traded in for my 12 Coupe. Given we connect to Onstar before leaving the dealership to get setup and to let them know your previous account/car was traded, you would think you wouldnt get this deactivation notice almost 8 months later. Sure sounds like an easy problem to fix and you wonder why this happens. Similar mailings from Sirius as well everytime you switch radios or cars. Got to be a better way to manage customers information.

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
I've been getting "your free trial subscription is about to expire" notices from Sirus-XM. The first one caused me a bit of panic as I had only recently renewed at a good rate, but then I saw that the notice concerned my 2008 CTS, which I turned in when I leased me 2011 CTS in August 2011. I figured that someone bought my old car and that it came with the usual trial subscription -- but the dealer forgot to re-register it in the new owner's name, and thus the trial would expire without notice to the owner.

So, being a super nice guy (just ask my wife), I called Sirus-XM to tell them of the error. Their response was pretty much "so what." And I'm still getting the notices.

What a swell company it is!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
jghiller, I received a similar message two weeks ago. This was about 2-3 weeks after I traded my CTS-V sedan for a wagon. Strange that you got yours months later.

The_Judge, XM has the worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I was a very early customer and remember when the service was excellent. After the Sirius merger, service went straight to hell. Absolutely abysmal, multiple billing errors, etc. If they weren't the only game in satellite radio, I'd just dump them. As it is, I'm strongly considering not continuing the service and just using the Internet service via my smart phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts