Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Is it possible to add onstar 4G LTE to a 2009 Escalade. It would help me for work because I am sometimes in an area where my phone doesn't work well.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
dl72 said:
Hi. Is it possible to add onstar 4G LTE to a 2009 Escalade. It would help me for work because I am sometimes in an area where my phone doesn't work well.
They use ATT as well so if you have poor phone service, your best bet is to use your Verizon phone if you got one.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
evois said:
They use ATT as well so if you have poor phone service, your best bet is to use your Verizon phone if you got one.
i though it was verizon, at least thats what the letter i received from onstar said

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
364 Posts
The answer is No, you cannot get LTE for your 09. The original agreement for onstar was with VzW on the 2G CDMA system. The radio is built into the truck. The only way to retrofit it would be to somehow get a hold of the current radios from AT&T and somehow get it installed. I think it would be way more hassle than its worth.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hunterp27 said:
The answer is No, you cannot get LTE for your 09. The original agreement for onstar was with VzW on the 2G CDMA system. The radio is built into the truck. The only way to retrofit it would be to somehow get a hold of the current radios from AT&T and somehow get it installed. I think it would be way more hassle than its worth.
Thank you.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,132 Posts
That's $99 for the hotspot and then a monthly service plan for the data.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi dl72,

Onstar 4G LTE is only available on select 2015 Model Year vehicles and newer. Unfortunately there are no upgrades available at this time. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! Thanks!

Alison B.
OnStar Customer Care

1 - 13 of 13 Posts