Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 STS
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather in Ohio is crazy right now. Last weekend my wipers were frozen to the windsheld so i didnt use them. A few days later i tried using them and only the driver side is working. The passenger side only moves like a half an inch. I can see that the mechanism is still rotating in sync with the drivers side wiper but its acting like the wiper is to heavy to move. Can anyone help me with this problem.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Pop the cap off of the base of the wiper and try to tighten the nut. You might've stripped it, though, so tightenting it might not help.

Jim

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
turbojimmy said:
Pop the cap off of the base of the wiper and try to tighten the nut. You might've stripped it, though, so tightenting it might not help.

Jim
Do what turbojimmy suggested. When you tighten it up, make sure the wipers are both in the same position, otherwise one or the other will move past the point where it's supposed to stop and could break something. The nut has to be fairly tight to get the thing moving, but if you overtighten it, you'll strip or break the stud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts