Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides for better gas mileage of course, the V is missing LED'S in the headlights. I was driving yesterday and there was a new Lexus GS F sport and the LED'S looked awesome even during the day when the actual headlamps weren't on. I know that D3 has the after market LED'S but its not the same thing. I think the 2012 and 2013 V's should have LED'S.

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
2012 CTS-V said:
Besides for better gas mileage of course, the V is missing LED'S in the headlights. I was driving yesterday and there was a new Lexus GS F sport and the LED'S looked awesome even during the day when the actual headlamps weren't on. I know that D3 has the after market LED'S but its not the same thing. I think the 2012 and 2013 V's should have LED'S.
Have a look at these options;

http://www.carid.com/cadillac-cts-headlights/

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/2008-12cadillacctsoraclehalokit.aspx

http://mrkustom.com/shop/2010-12-cadillac-cts-v-oracle-halo-kit/

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
Theres those side bar things in the headlights, I'm really not all that crazy about the led look myself anyhow. I'd much rather the car have direct injection and a bigger fuel tank as I've been saying all along.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Am I the only one who is a little tired of seeing every car maker (copying Audi) trying make some kind of sinister looking front end using LEDS? I get that LEDS last longer, operate at a cooler temp, cost less, and are probably more environmentally friendly but the look is getting overdone.

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V Black Raven, Carbon Package, Recaros
352 Posts
I just wish the homelink buttons were lit. It's a pain sometimes finding them as I'm backing up the drive...

·
Registered
CTS-V Coupe
71 Posts
Am I the only one who is a little tired of seeing every car maker (copying Audi) trying make some kind of sinister looking front end using LEDS? I get that LEDS last longer, operate at a cooler temp, cost less, and are probably more environmentally friendly but the look is getting overdone.
Your not alone. Its one thing to use LEDs but when EVERY car has a strip of lights that are for looks only it gets old fast.

12,778 Posts
2012 CTS-V, thanks for kicking off this thread! Cadillac appreciates all feedback, so I'm documenting your LED opinions and the thread URL where the proper GM teams can view it.

Flatrockguy, RJR88, and sykb47l: I'll be sure to note your homelink comments as well! If you would ever like to send additional comments on the subject for me to document, please feel free to get in touch with me anytime. I'm reachable via email at [email protected].

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap
244 Posts
I might be wrong but I think those Homelink devices are actually made by Homelink (Johnson Controls) so we can not blame GM for that, maybe they can order a design change or something. On the other hand with no lights you can not see the scratches on the piano black trim :)
George

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
I've been guilty of this kind of thing myself thinking what the car should or should not have, the fact is it is what is. The more I get to know my CTS-V wagon, the more I like it. Sure there are things I wish were different, but the car is smooth, fast and looks great.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Unless you're KITT, strips of LEDs look tacky. I don't want the front of my car to look like leftover Christmas decorations I bought in the checkout aisle at Home Depot. (I'm sure by now they're at AutoZone counter displays.)

·
Registered
368 Posts
The more recent Q7's are nasty looking. Like someone bolted big white christmas trees to the bumper.

I mean, Kia's have all LED front running lights. Kia!

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The more recent Q7's are nasty looking. Like someone bolted big white christmas trees to the bumper.

I mean, Kia's have all LED front running lights. Kia!
Haha was thinking of the Kia as well when most of you guys were commenting about how every car has LEDS now. Personally, I don't think LEDS are played out, I think its in right now and that's whats hot at the moment. I do agree that these LEDS should be functional and not just for looks unless they look really good! Most Audis, Bmw, Mercedes, and Lexus's have really nice LEDS. Anyway the car is beautiful as is, just felt like starting a thread and seeing what everyones opinions were on this topic. Now I know how you guys feel, thanks to all.

·
Registered
11 v coupe 78 trans am 75 stingray
217 Posts
will i always wanted a switch by exhaust like the vette and zl1 but i know it's a cadillac blah blah blah

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
The HID's are the best. More output than LED's. When I brought my Escalade, I didn't get the platium edition because of the LED headlights. Please tell this to Caddy engineering.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts