Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the rub, in 2 weeks, I wont have a shop, so the Traction Packages are going to be no longer.....not that it matters really, no one was ordering anyway.

The same goes for the Cradle Kits, as I will no longer have a lift, and the way it looks now, We wont have the V too much longer as well.

I do have the Stage III I took off stkshkrs car, I'll freshen it up, and sell that as a complete kit, for $399.00, this is $100.00 off regular price, and it will be the last one sold, probably forever.

Sorry urb, I know this is against policy, but if you would be so kind as to let this go, as its My last effort to sell items here on this forum. Thanx dude.

1-740-745-5448

I do want to publicly thank this forum, and everyone here who has supported Me, My efforts, and for the few who purchased My Cradle kits, of which less than 50 were sold, a fact I still find fascinating.

A BIG thanx to Dave and Gene, for giving Me the opportunity to show on their cars what I am capable of, what a guy in a garage can do regardless of His financial success or not. What Dave HAD and what Gene HAS are the 2 best solutions for the ailing rears on these wonderful cars, in My obviously UNBIASED opinion....lol.

I'm not gone yet, but wanted you all to know, I am in the midst of a life change.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Weak, dude.

It's too bad you didn't see more success Gene, as you have probably invested more time and money under a CTS-V then anybody. If sales were a little better right now I'd snag that Stage III from you.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
PM sent...

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Doug, sorry to hear that everything came to a head. What youre going thru isnt fun...I know a bunch of people that have done it. Things WILL turnaround for you soon. Let us all know where you land. You have been a tremendous asset to us all.

F

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Doug, sorry to hear that everything came to a head. What youre going thru isnt fun...I know a bunch of people that have done it. Things WILL turnaround for you soon. Let us all know where you land. You have been a tremendous asset to us all.

F

:yeah: Please keep in touch and good luck with things.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
DOH,

Put me in line too. This was my next planned mod (in the next month or so) :crybaby:

FLARN!!!!

-Chris

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Ok, heres the rub, in 2 weeks, I wont have a shop, so the Traction Packages are going to be no longer.....not that it matters really, no one was ordering anyway.

The same goes for the Cradle Kits, as I will no longer have a lift, and the way it looks now, We wont have the V too much longer as well.

I do have the Stage III I took off stkshkrs car, I'll freshen it up, and sell that as a complete kit, for $399.00, this is $100.00 off regular price, and it will be the last one sold, probably forever.

Sorry urb, I know this is against policy, but if you would be so kind as to let this go, as its My last effort to sell items here on this forum. Thanx dude.

1-740-745-5448

I do want to publicly thank this forum, and everyone here who has supported Me, My efforts, and for the few who purchased My Cradle kits, of which less than 50 were sold, a fact I still find fascinating.

A BIG thanx to Dave and Gene, for giving Me the opportunity to show on their cars what I am capable of, what a guy in a garage can do regardless of His financial success or not. What Dave HAD and what Gene HAS are the 2 best solutions for the ailing rears on these wonderful cars, in My obviously UNBIASED opinion....lol.

I'm not gone yet, but wanted you all to know, I am in the midst of a life change.
Let me start by saying that I have no doubt you have probably put in the most in blood, sweat and tears into the V of anyone here or in motordom. I truly admire your hard work.

As for selling your kits, I do feel the need to say this.

I have no doubts that you early KARS bracing kits worked. But the problem was that they were radical, they would ring bells to most dealerships including those that were lenient, and they required work to install.

As for the Traction Package, you just can't proclaim to have such a radical fix and expect orders to line up immediately. Florian's V needed to have changes done to make it right. And even then, there was going to have to be some fine tuning to get it to multiple party's liking(from what I've read). That is something, as a vendor, you have to accept. And you'd have to accept that many of us need to see the bugs fixed and that we need time to save up for this mod, and that we'd need to accept voiding of our warranties.

Believe me, if this was a mod that was near bulletproof, there would be buyers. At the SHO convention I was constantly talking about your fix and how I was hoping to have it in the next year or two. I was that excited about it. I just needed more time for the guinea pigs and my funds to accrue. In fact, I was tentatively making plans for next spring.

Your a passionate guy. Everyone here knows that. But sometimes you need to keep you emotions in check. I know you're disappointed and I wish you had more time for this. But you're complaining to us like we failed you for not just quickly giving you our business. It's hard to just plunk down $6500 to a guy we know on the internet.

I wish you the absolute best in this seemingly hard time in your life. I really do. And I hope that maybe your Packages are available sometime in the future.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
288 Posts
:yeah::werd:

I'd say I want a spot in line too but I know Randy will take that stage 3 if he can get it, and he needs it more any way:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Let me start by saying that I have no doubt you have probably put in the most in blood, sweat and tears into the V of anyone here or in motordom. I truly admire your hard work.

As for selling your kits, I do feel the need to say this.

I have no doubts that you early KARS bracing kits worked. But the problem was that they were radical, they would ring bells to most dealerships including those that were lenient, and they required work to install.

As for the Traction Package, you just can't proclaim to have such a radical fix and expect orders to line up immediately. Florian's V needed to have changes done to make it right. And even then, there was going to have to be some fine tuning to get it to multiple party's liking(from what I've read). That is something, as a vendor, you have to accept. And you'd have to accept that many of us need to see the bugs fixed and that we need time to save up for this mod, and that we'd need to accept voiding of our warranties.

Believe me, if this was a mod that was near bulletproof, there would be buyers. At the SHO convention I was constantly talking about your fix and how I was hoping to have it in the next year or two. I was that excited about it. I just needed more time for the guinea pigs and my funds to accrue. In fact, I was tentatively making plans for next spring.

Your a passionate guy. Everyone here knows that. But sometimes you need to keep you emotions in check. I know you're disappointed and I wish you had more time for this. But you're complaining to us like we failed you for not just quickly giving you our business. It's hard to just plunk down $6500 to a guy we know on the internet.

I wish you the absolute best in this seemingly hard time in your life. I really do. And I hope that maybe your Packages are available sometime in the future.
I don't think he's blaming anyone he is just stating that theres not that much interest in them . So it's not going to much matter . and as far as bullet proof i'm not sure if there is such a thing with performance parts. From what i'm reading the 2 people that have used his rear end kits sure have and still are running the hell out of them ..

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I don't think he's blaming anyone he is just stating that theres not that much interest in them . So it's not going to much matter . and as far as bullet proof i'm not sure if there is such a thing with performance parts. From what i'm reading the 2 people that have used his rear end kits sure have and still are running the hell out of them ..
Well, he talks about people "not buying them anyway" and how he's fascinated that he sold less than 50 of his KARS packages. I think that's a pretty good number for a small group of guys...unless he was advertising offline as well. I don't think he's blaming people. But his expectations were unrealistic.

There is not much interest because it was in development. Florian just started talking about his over the past couple of months and only a few have been installed. Florian even says that there was some tweaking done, for the better. How long has it been? To have this product and then give a few weeks to order a $6500 part or else shut down is unreasonable(I know Doug has other things going on as the main reason).

As for bulletproof, I said near bulletproof. I'm just using Doug's own proclamations as the expectation. Obviously, nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Thanks Doug. I had a great time as I've before when you let me stay the night. You are a really nice wear it on your sleve kinda guy. Not too many out there like you. I definatley would of liked to get the traction package, but it has been said before, I just don't have $6,500 to plunk down. I wish you god speed. Say hi to the Mrs. for me.

·
Registered
Orginal owner; 2004 CTS-V
566 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. Thanks for the contributions you provided over the years. Your KARS solution was a testament to your innovational abilities. I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
Doug - I'm sorry to hear this.

I thought of you every time I hammered it at the track. I figured that I was closer to Newark from there than from home and if the diff did snap, I'd have it towed to you.

Good luck in the future.

Tony

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Well, he talks about people "not buying them anyway" and how he's fascinated that he sold less than 50 of his KARS packages. I think that's a pretty good number for a small group of guys...unless he was advertising offline as well. I don't think he's blaming people. But his expectations were unrealistic.

There is not much interest because it was in development. Florian just started talking about his over the past couple of months and only a few have been installed. Florian even says that there was some tweaking done, for the better. How long has it been? To have this product and then give a few weeks to order a $6500 part or else shut down is unreasonable(I know Doug has other things going on as the main reason).

As for bulletproof, I said near bulletproof. I'm just using Doug's own proclamations as the expectation. Obviously, nothing is perfect.
I don't feel his expectations were that unrealistic . I worked at a dealership as a service advisor. Everyone complaned about the wheel hop problems . He come's up with a fix to reduce this problem . i thought more then 50 people would jump on .. i know doug very well and sure he's venting a little ... who wouldn't .. He was just trying to inform everyone that he's not going to be able to make any of his kit's for awhile . He wasen't being unreasonable .:tisk:
Doug is the only person that i have ever met that give's and gives but always get's the short end of the stick ... sorry wish everyone the best

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.