Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol, go home for the weekend... cruise around in the '79 DeVille, and at 5:30AM (up all night :) ) it starts snowing.... so naturally.....

:) Ah well, camera dosn't really do it justice... can't capture the countinous sideways movement :) Still pretty cool.... the 2 first secens actually happened oppisite of each other, but it just was cool this way... I was going to do more (to try again to get video out side of the car) but figured I should head home :)

http://inoventionseast.com/1979 DeVille/Caddydonuts.wmv

and ya know what bugs me? TWO different versions of Zepplins Rock & Roll are the ONLY songs that did not want to work in movie maker.. I couldn't figure it out, ticked me off... that would have been sweet.... so instead this will do...for now :)

I go back in 3 weeks... hopefully for round 2......errr... probably like 8 or 9 by now :)

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Me and my buddy in high school (waaay back) used to live for snowy nights and empty parking lots.
We found it best to put it in Reverse and get going really good then turn the wheel hard. I don't remember the details after that but it was awesome.
Watch out for the light poles, you have to plan your tracks!

Nice movie!

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
LOL! Mony-Mony god dammit! Classy soundtrack pal. When I wanna turn my Caddy around in my driveway when there's snow I simply cut the wheel all the way and floor the gas and the back tires spin while the back end of the car swings around. Quickest way to make a U. Maybe I should get out there and enjoy those snowy lots. So you still up here or have you gone and retired back to FL?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just up for the weekend... back in FL.

I go back in 3 weeks for a few days, then me and my friend Chris make the road trip in the '79 down to FL :)

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Actually, how do you upload them to the net? Is there like a Photobucket.com for videos?

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Rick used Windows Movie Maker and hosted the file on his own website.

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
Hate it when people leave thier shopping carts out! Nice vid, wish I had a camera to make a vid of playing in the Miata! Short wheelbase cars spin fast, lot of fun!

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup, basic Windows Movie Maker, included in every copy of XP... SO easy, and fun.

The video is taken by my Canon ZR200 MiniDV camcorder.... but NOT with miniDV tape, it has an SD card slot, and *that* is what I take the video with... much smaller file size, far more easy to put on the computer etc.... and the quality is good. I have 2 x 256mb cards (Toshiba digital camera uses SD too) and I can get 15mins+ of video on 1 256mb card. MiniDV quality is by far better, but for fun like this, the SD card is what I use.

I load them onto my own website using FileZilla.... no loaded up with ads or filters for me... I paid $120 for *2* years for the site... my own domain, e-mail addresses.... I don't remember the exact but like 6,000mb space and 160gb/month bandwidth? I dunno... but it is SO much that I will never use... I have soo many features on that site, that all I use it for is to upload and host pictures/videos/songs... thats all... and I am happy.

www.DreamHost.com These guys are great, and IIRC, the special deal I got, they now made standard... you can bet when my 2 years is up.... March '07 IIRC, I will be renewing it... WELL worth the money :)

www.InoventionsEast.com

It isn't pretty as it isn't set up like a normal website or anything, but I know excatly what is there and where it is.... and it more then gets the job done :)

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Haha I've gone to the parking lot of the Walmart near by and pulled up behind the row of carts the cart pusher was gathering at like 10:30 at night when they're getting ready to close. At this particular Walmart the cart pusher was this kid me and my friend Ty went to HS with who was a total assface. So Tyrus and myself pull up behind the carts in my Fleetwood while he's getting another cart, touch the bumper guards to the cart in the back, and I'll start to drive away. Pick up speed to about 40-50 then slam on the brakes. By now he's seen me drive away with his carts and is running after the car. Then I take a quick left or right and get the hell outta there. LOL! By now the carts are like a quarter mile away infront of Sears Hardware and he has to drag them all back. HAHAHAA!

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
Haha I've gone to the parking lot of the Walmart near by and pulled up behind the row of carts the cart pusher was gathering at like 10:30 at night when they're getting ready to close. At this particular Walmart the cart pusher was this kid me and my friend Ty went to HS with who was a total assface. So Tyrus and myself pull up behind the carts in my Fleetwood while he's getting another cart, touch the bumper guards to the cart in the back, and I'll start to drive away. Pick up speed to about 40-50 then slam on the brakes. By now he's seen me drive away with his carts and is running after the car. Then I take a quick left or right and get the hell outta there. LOL! By now the carts are like a quarter mile away infront of Sears Hardware and he has to drag them all back. HAHAHAA!
Coming from a former cart boy...thats f*cked up, but HILARIOUS! :D Never seen it...wish I could have...I've really only seen carts fly down the lot towards the street only to put huge dents in parked cars...nothing like that!

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Night Wolf said:
just up for the weekend... back in FL.
I go back in 3 weeks for a few days, then me and my friend Chris make the road trip in the '79 down to FL :)
Taking 95 this time?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nah, same route, I figured we will miss the DC, baltimore and Pitsburgh (?) traffic... I know it goes thru 3-4 main cities...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts