Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the headers on my car this morning and the nut of one of the studs came off. I called a place and see if they sold them by piece but only sold by the pack which is $100 bucks.:thepan: I just need the damn nut! I heard this happening to another member of the forum and was wondering what can I use to replace the missing nut?

-Gilbert

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heavymetals said:
I posted an alert to check those stud nuts.

Yep, you can't buy just one.:mad:

I suggest you put a dab of high temp epoxy (I used a polyimide like J&B weld) from the tip of the stud that is above the nut to the nut.

I will post a picture, but I think you get what I mean.
I
heavymetals,

I remember you telling me this and I did tighten them up and I check the studs about every 500 miles. I guess I must have skipped one of the studs and didn't tighten it.:thepan:

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
I think it has to do with the heat cycling (obviously) and the fact that they use a flat to flat mating surface with no split washer, plus the PERCY'S gasget takes a little while to "settle".

Also, I didn't like the way that they screw into the heads with the allen wrench.:mad:

I backed two nuts together on the stud then used that to screw it into the head (don't forget the anti-sieze) with more torque then what I could coax out of the allen wrench.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
urbanski said:
its always something isn't it
Then again, that's what we get for modding our cars.:cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts