Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
414 Posts
Pretty nice. Reminds me of the State Highway Patrol cars here in NC, they use the same color scheme. Also the '78 Corvette Indy 500 pace car editions were black/silver. I tend to lean towards non-2 tones when it comes to most Caddys, depends on the color combo.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. A d'Marchand. Love those. I wish I had enough space to build a collection of limited production old school Caddies! I'd have the Phaeton, get one of those, an Eldorado Biarritz Classic, Le Cabriolet, etc..

That's a fine example.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Whoa, I dig that two tone interior!

·
Registered
79 coupe deville d'elegance (76k og), 84 coupe deville
114 Posts
Pretty nice. Reminds me of the State Highway Patrol cars here in NC, they use the same color scheme. Also the '78 Corvette Indy 500 pace car editions were black/silver. I tend to lean towards non-2 tones when it comes to most Caddys, depends on the color combo.
what u know bout the nc patrol lol. car looks familiar from a lowrider board i go to. clean car.

·
Registered
Coupe DeVille 1973
50 Posts
real nice car...
But:
is it true that the speedometers don't exceed 85 mph in these cars?
to me it looks a bit low for a car with a V8...
or is it the kind of engine that was already power-reduced due to the energy-crises at that time?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Wow.... now THAT.... is nice!

Needs a few touches here and there... double pinstripe :) 80's Brougham hood ornament (includes wreath) etc.... but I like it alot.

real nice car...
But:
is it true that the speedometers don't exceed 85 mph in these cars?
to me it looks a bit low for a car with a V8...
or is it the kind of engine that was already power-reduced due to the energy-crises at that time?
85 is all its got.... IIRC 1975? or '74 was the updated interior with 100mph speedo, then in '77 it dropped to 85, stayed that way (along with the cluster itself, only getting minor changes) until 1989, when it went digital.

425 wasn't power-reduced.... but it was a product of the energy conserving times and thus wasn't really setup from the factory to put out excessive amounts of power.... compression was a low 8.2:1, so it would run on modern 87 fine. However in the somewhat large list of avalible engines the '77-'92 chassis had, a 425 car is the 2nd fastest of the bunch.... behind the '90-'92 350 TBI... so its not TOO bad.

Car itself would reach 110mph, or atleast mine would... in 2nd gear :cool: That was it, aerodynamically limited... it would only get to 100-105 in 3rd, but would cruise at 90 in 3rd all day with no problem.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
It's not blue, that's just the pictures..

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Yeah...I saw this a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's a real D'Marchand. I know a few dealers ordered two tone Caddys and dubbed them "Philly" or "Chicago" editions and sold them at a premium. The D'Marchand was sold as a factory built car.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Well, it has the correct red pinstripe, and the two tone interior with red piping. I haven't seen any regular two-tone jobs with the custom interior, usually it's just a special paint job.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Well, it has the correct red pinstripe, and the two tone interior with red piping. I haven't seen any regular two-tone jobs with the custom interior, usually it's just a special paint job.
That's true.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Car itself would reach 110mph, or at least mine would... in 2nd gear :cool: That was it, aerodynamically limited... it would only get to 100-105 in 3rd, but would cruise at 90 in 3rd all day with no problem.
And on what unpoliced roads do you drive to discover such numbers??? I'm always afraid to take it over 74 less less the fear of being ticketed.

...Or are the odds really that low?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
74? on the freeway you can go up to 80 without being bothered. It's a fact.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts