Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me with this strange problem. To attempt to find out what is happening, I've checked all the fuses (I believe I got'em all) in the engine area compartment that are related to the Hi and Lo Beam (left and right sides). I also checked to see if there is current running into the bulb plug, and there is. The bulb itself has also been checked and it works when placed on the working Hi-beam side. Yet when I use the Hi-beams, the driver side does not turn on. I'd appreciate any help on this.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Check your Daytime Running lamps. I believe that is how the system works, through voltage difference. It SHOULD be going to ground when the high beams are on, but as you can see, it is not. If you will won't miss the DRLs, I might have a fix.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your Daytime Running lamps. I believe that is how the system works, through voltage difference. It SHOULD be going to ground when the high beams are on, but as you can see, it is not. If you will ot miss the DRLs, I might have a fix.
Dave, what do you mean by "If you ot miss the DRLs"?

Falconeo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still didn't get what you meant. My DRL's work ok, this is only happening with the right side Hi-beam. The left side Hi-beam and all other lights (Hi & Lo) are working with no prob.

falconeo

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Falconeo said:
My Driver's side hi-beam is not working. I've checked all the headlight (Hi and Lo Beam) mini-fuses in the engine compartment and they're all fine. I've also tested the Hi-beam bulb itself and it works (I tested it on the working hi-beam side/left-side). Finally, I checked the plug where the hi-beam bulb connects and there is electrical-current (neg and pos) however, when the bulb is connected, there is only positive current traveling on both sides of the bulb filament. When I checked the opposite headlight (left working hi-beam side) there was negative and positive current in the bulb filament. Somehow there seems to be some kind of a short. Is there another fuse somewhere that I'm overlooking? I'm thinking it might be a loose ground... or... not sure... Help!
Upon tracing wires, you will find that they don't exactly go to ground. This is part of a Daytime Running lamp setup your car may/may not have. Check the DRL relay in the relay center under the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts