Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my 07 i can tell the driverside headlight has been replaced, looks like a new headlight. Even after polishing the passenger side i cant get it quite as clear as that new driverside. Anyway, that has nothing to do with brightness. From what i understand if you have your brights on facing a wall you can see the headlight beam spread. Its mostly a real bright circle then light spread out every direction. When your dims are on it kicks a blocker in the way that cuts that bright circle in half. Well on that new headlight when the dims are on the circle is cut in half so you still see that super bright half circle. But on the passenger side original light its like maybe a 1/4 of that bright circle. Is there an adjustment? Was there an improvement with later built lights? Was the driverside meant to be brighter? Im also curious of how to set proper adjustment on them. It seems ok but just curious. Also, i have tried factory bulbs and aftermarket and the light beam is the same. Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Is the headlight gm? See if you can find a stamp on the bottom of the clear lense that says DEPO, AUTOSYSTEMS, GM etc

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that was really hard to find. Had to use a flashlight and the words reflected behind the clear lens. Anyway, both said dot 07 GM/hella and some other things. I figured its factory, i dont think they make aftermarket escalade lights yet. Just curious if anyone elses lights are like that so i can narrow my suspicions

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Very weird then are all the bulbs locked in tight ? maybe there was an improvement to the headlight I'm not sure maybe the back has a part number u can pull

1 - 4 of 4 Posts