Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
9 Posts
There not that hard to change..do a search on here.. also a good vid on you tube..if you can change oil you can change DRL bulb

·
Registered
2009 CTS (DI 4)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies to my post Re: " Only One DRL working in daylight." I solved the problem by trading in the 2009 Cadillac CTS4 DI for a 2015 Lexus GS350.
Jimmy D AKA Snidley Whiplash 09.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,475 Posts
Thanks for all the replies to my post Re: " Only One DRL working in daylight." I solved the problem by trading in the 2009 Cadillac CTS4 DI for a 2015 Lexus GS350.
Jimmy D AKA Snidley Whiplash 09.
Cute. Goodbye.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Platinum; 2009 CTS 3.6DI
22 Posts
I have left side DRL out. Has anyone experienced trouble with blown fuse on that side? I just wanted to check before I dropped the front bumper.
Thanks

·
Registered
Black Tesla Model 3, long range, AWD
689 Posts
One of my DRLs went bad in my '09 CTS. Checked the fuses to make sure it wasn't something simple and the fuses were fine. It was in fact a bad bulb which my local Cadillac dealer charged me $60ish dollars to replace, excluding the $15 cost of the bulb itself, which strangely enough wasn't available in any automotive parts stores near me and had to be ordered online.

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
One of my DRLs went bad in my '09 CTS. Checked the fuses to make sure it wasn't something simple and the fuses were fine. It was in fact a bad bulb which my local Cadillac dealer charged me $60ish dollars to replace, excluding the $15 cost of the bulb itself, which strangely enough wasn't available in any automotive parts stores near me and had to be ordered online.
I can just send you mine. Just changed to pair of these http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-Projector/dp/B00O8ZNJ2Y/ref=pd_ybh_8, pretty happy with the result.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those look good. If I have to replace I will change bulbs to a whiter cooler. Can you post a pick of your front with the DRLs in?
Thanks

----------

Those look good. If I have to replace I will change bulbs to a whiter color. Can you post a pick of your front with the DRLs in?
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Those look good. If I have to replace I will change bulbs to a whiter cooler. Can you post a pick of your front with the DRLs in?
20150526_075747a.jpg 20150526_075806a.jpg

I am afraid that my pictures don't do their justice. What I should have done was to take a picture of DRLs when I only had one side changed. The brightness was about the same, but the original DRL was yellowish/amber instead of white.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
457 Posts
My 08 has a similar issue. My solution is to wait for the other one to burn out so it will b even again. DRL is useless in my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My 08 has a similar issue. My solution is to wait for the other one to burn out so it will b even again. DRL is useless in my opinion.
Many people complain about the brightness of the DRLs, but DRL is not for your own illumination, but for other drivers to easily spot you on the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The color looks to be whiter. I don't like the yellow look of the stock light. Going around with one on and one off looks stupid so I don't plan to do that. What was the bulb number you used? I will probably change the fogs to match the color also.
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
The color looks to be whiter. I don't like the yellow look of the stock light. Going around with one on and one off looks stupid so I don't plan to do that. What was the bulb number you used? I will probably change the fogs to match the color also.
Not sure what you mean by the bulb number. I got this exact item from amazon - http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-Projector/dp/B00O8ZNJ2Y/ref=pd_ybh_8?tag=viglink20557-20 ... with regards to the fog lamps, just make sure you have enough room between the front lens and the socket, as these LED bulbs are much taller than the stock bulb. On the DRL, I almost felt like it's very close to the lens. Not sure if the fog lamp housing has enough space to fit this LED. I suspect my LEDs are taller because it's got 144 lighting diodes. Other ones maybe shorter.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
457 Posts
Many people complain about the brightness of the DRLs, but DRL is not for your own illumination, but for other drivers to easily spot you on the road.
I know what they are supposed to be for, just don't believe they mak any difference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts