Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2. Gen. - AT - 3.6 - 2WD - V6
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Symptoms:
On the driver's side, the electric door opening does not work sporadically.

Tests:
-> Fuse checked over the battery -> fine
  • After plugging the fuse, the door opening works again
  • After a short drive, the door cannot be opened from the outside again
  • After plugging the fuse, the door opening works again.
  • Standing and driving with and without light, air conditioning on/off, seat heating on/off, radio on/off, brake actuated, flashing (motor did not run and ran - both tried) tried in various constellations -> for a time (minutes) the door can be opened. Then at some point (after a few minutes) suddenly no more.
  • The locking switches in the door did not help if the door opening did not work. With the door opener inside, however, the door could be opened. The typical "klack" when actuating the locking switch could not be heard on the driver's side!!!!!
  • On the cables between the boot flap and the trunk wobbled like wild -> No effect (neither better nor worse)
  • In the DIC the automatic locking changed (switching off is not possible) -> No effect (neither better nor worse)
  • Set to factory settings in the DIC -> No effect (neither better nor worse)
- After plugging the fuse, the door opening works again.
Close the vehicle and after about 30 minutes tries to open again -> Successful
-Got inside the car and only the motor started and the door cannot be opened from the outside.

Did not try to disconnecting the battery. No error messages available. Is there an "motor" or similar that triggers the central lock in the doors? Does anyone have a part number? But if it's the "motor" in the door, how can it be that I get it to work 100% again if I pull the fuse for a short time?!

Maybe this part?!

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
194 Posts
Symptoms:
On the driver's side, the electric door opening does not work sporadically.

Tests:
-> Fuse checked over the battery -> fine
  • After a short drive, the door cannot be opened from the outside again
  • Standing and driving with and without light, air conditioning on/off, seat heating on/off, radio on/off, brake actuated, flashing (motor did not run and ran - both tried) tried in various constellations -> for a time (minutes) the door can be opened. Then at some point (after a few minutes) suddenly no more.
  • The locking switches in the door did not help if the door opening did not work. With the door opener inside, however, the door could be opened. The typical "klack" when actuating the locking switch could not be heard on the driver's side!!!!!
  • On the cables between the boot flap and the trunk wobbled like wild -> No effect (neither better nor worse)
  • In the DIC the automatic locking changed (switching off is not possible) -> No effect (neither better nor worse)
  • Set to factory settings in the DIC -> No effect (neither better nor worse)
- After plugging the fuse, the door opening works again.
Close the vehicle and after about 30 minutes tries to open again -> Successful
-Got inside the car and only the motor started and the door cannot be opened from the outside.

Did not try to disconnecting the battery. No error messages available. Is there an "motor" or similar that triggers the central lock in the doors? Does anyone have a part number? But if it's the "motor" in the door, how can it be that I get it to work 100% again if I pull the fuse for a short time?!

Maybe this part?!

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for reading
Could be micro chip in driver door needs replacing or you need new door actuator. You can Google this problem and find video on how to replace door actuator and chip.
Im pretty sure a good scan tool might tell more information, even if you don't have a check engine light on

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
194 Posts
Could be micro chip in driver door needs replacing or you need new door actuator. You can Google this problem and find video on how to replace door actuator and chip.
Im pretty sure a good scan tool might tell more information, even if you don't have a check engine light on
In my case passenger back door would not open from out side of car all the time. then i replaced the back door actuator it works great. Its best to get acdelco parts

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,086 Posts
The car needs to be checked for Body Control Module (BCM) error codes with a scan tool. That might help you find the cause. It sounds like the BCM, or possibly the door window control switch is disabling the door actuator; The door actuator could be bad, and possibly a computer is shutting it down. Unplugging and plugging the fuse back in, might be resetting it until a computer disables it again.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS
5 Posts
I have the same issue. My driver door doesn’t make the computer sound when I pull on the door handle.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
79 Posts
Is this a sedan or a coupe? I had a coupe and the inside switch went bad and I had to replace it. The switch in the handle (sedan) or rubber switch (coupe) may be going bad.

·
Registered
CTS 2. Gen. - AT - 3.6 - 2WD - V6
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is an expensive way to tinker with something and a VERY cheap way to tinker with something more.
The VERY cheap way is to really only replace the defective part under control. Google after
"Microswitch ASQ11510J 30 V / DC 0.1A 1 x On / (On) momentary". Two of them are installed on each side

I chose the expensive route for the passenger side because I didn't know better. ONLY have two microswitches installed on the driver's side. The result is identical. It works again!

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,655 Posts
Front door handle base is ~$50-60. Back door is $25... I have had to replace these on both front doors and rear door. The rear door has only 1 pin switch where as the front doors have 2 pin switches in the handle.

I would replace these first as the actuator is a bit more expensive. The rear doors should sound when you do the lock and unlock but the front doors with the keyless start do NOT make a noise until you open then door. There is no "lock/unlock" mechanism in the front doors. Only the door open mechanism.

And it is only on the rear doors to allow for the child locks...

Rodney

·
Registered
2012 CTS4 Premium
131 Posts
A few years ago my driverside door was not opening, maybe 50% of the time I would hit the button .I took the switch apart and sprayed it with contact cleaner and that took care of the problem I was having

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,224 Posts
The coupe handles are less problematic and waaaaay cooler.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,655 Posts
The coupe handles are less problematic and waaaaay cooler.
Like the Sedan, good room if you ignore the trunk space, love the Wagon... lots of Utility and still can have people sit in the back seat... Hate the Coupe... Too small and hate having to tilt the seat forward to access the rear seat. I will NEVER own a 2 door vehicle again. Except maybe a Corvette... The new one is probably the only GM I would be interested in buying at the moment.. Maybe if they decided to make a mid-engine camaro...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts