Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope somebody on the forum has already figured this out:

How do I tell On-Star to send a ring-tone in the middle of a call, as in "pressing" '*' to access voicemail? :hmm:

I tried the talk button on the steering wheel, but it did not interrupt the call. Hitting the white dot button disconnects the call. Radio on or off did not make a difference.

I remember reading something about the nav system having different button function assignments, but I can't find any information in either the main CTS manual, the Nav system manual, or the On-star manual explaining it. Am I missing somwthing?

Please don't tell me I have a cell phone system incompatible with every voice-mail and automated answering system in the world!

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Pengineer91 said:
I hope somebody on the forum has already figured this out:

How do I tell On-Star to send a ring-tone in the middle of a call, as in "pressing" '*' to access voicemail? :hmm:

I tried the talk button on the steering wheel, but it did not interrupt the call. Hitting the white dot button disconnects the call. Radio on or off did not make a difference.

I remember reading something about the nav system having different button function assignments, but I can't find any information in either the main CTS manual, the Nav system manual, or the On-star manual explaining it. Am I missing somwthing?

Please don't tell me I have a cell phone system incompatible with every voice-mail and automated answering system in the world!
I remember reading in a bulletin that if you press the steering wheel voice button while on a call, it will re-invoke voice recognition until you press the voice button again. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's either that or a some variation.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
You tell the phone "digit dial" and then you say "star" "dial" in order to access voice mail, company directories, etc.

Pretty sure that's how it works. Ill try it on the way home and update this if incorrect.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called On-star to make sure I was doing it right (i.e pushing the "talk" button on the steering wheel to interrupt the call). They acknowledged the problem, but were not able to fix it remotely. Looks like a trip to the dealer is in my future.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Pengineer91 said:
I called On-star to make sure I was doing it right (i.e pushing the "talk" button on the steering wheel to interrupt the call). They acknowledged the problem, but were not able to fix it remotely. Looks like a trip to the dealer is in my future.
Wierd..yea... you should just be able to push the button on the steering wheel to initiate voice recognition again, then digit dial

1 - 5 of 5 Posts