Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Luxury
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been getting notices from On-Star that my service will get cutoff when they upgrade they're system to 4G.
I asked my dealership and they have no clue what's going on? I'm I going to have to pay to get the new 4G unit in my car?
Will Cadillac cover this cost??
Anyone got answers

·
Registered
2013 SRX (sold) 2017 XT5 Dark Granite / Jet Black
278 Posts
I asked my dealer last week and he told me that they already did 2 upgrades to 4G. They changed hardware in the car and there is no charge for customer from the dealer but may be Onstar is charging something for the upgrade. He invited me to contact Onstar to get the upgrade and more info

·
Registered
2015 CTS
596 Posts
I had an '03 Hummer that I had to upgrade the on star from analog to digital. I was glad they offered the update.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
My understanding is if you walk in without an active Onstar subscription, Onstar will not rebate the dealer, so you will be charged. If you have active Onstar, it's free upgrade.

Max

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Luxury
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is still active for a few more months. I called my dealer and they say there's nothing to upgrade.
They didn't touch the on-star yet, according to they're records. That's why I asked the question.
It seems to be an American thing so far?

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Luxury
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok got it done...
You need to call On Star and they program a new unit to your vehicle.
They ship in overnight to your dealer and they install it for free.
The new unit will give you the new wifi in your vehicle.
I called On Star yesterday morning and my dealer called me the next day that they received it and to book an app to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts