Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my commute to the salt mine a few days ago I hit the highway on-ramp just when "Danger Zone" - Kenny Loggins (from Top Gun) came on the radio. I thought it was pretty cool so I pushed the gas pedal through the firewall and enjoyed a nice early morning WOT. What is your ideal on-ramp tune?

PS - To the guy behind me in the convertible - sorry about the carbon deposit cloud! It might be time to clay bar.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
You know, aside from always being one of my favs to blast down the highway to... I finally realized that this pretty much explains just how GM got into it's current mess... It had nothing to do with management - it's the line workers' fault.

Johnny Cash - "One Piece at a Time"

Uhh... Yeah Red Rider, this is the cottonmouth in the psycho-billy Cadillac come on... Uhh... This is the cottonmouth and negatory on the cost of this mo-chine there Red Rider, you might say I just went up to the factory there and picked it up - it's cheaper that way...
Classic... There'll never be another one like him.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,041 Posts
"Sirius - Eye In The Sky" - Alan Parsons Project.

Opening theme from the original "Star Wars".

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
You know, aside from always being one of my favs to blast down the highway to... I finally realized that this pretty much explains just how GM got into it's current mess... It had nothing to do with management - it's the line workers' fault.

Johnny Cash - "One Piece at a Time"

Classic... There'll never be another one like him.

I JUST sent that song to Jesda the other day. It is quite hilarious.

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Always good for a down shift and stomp............

Do you feel that??????

AAA whahahaha

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
It was 2:30AM on an early Sunday and had a 3 lane highway wide open and empty right in front of me when this came on...

I think I traveled about 8 miles in 4 minutes with a peak of 163...

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
Rammstein-Adios.

cuz that's what I'm sayin to the bastard behind me. :lildevil:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Had you only recently come across that song? It's been a staple on my cassettes/cds for years...
I've had several Cash favorites for many years including Hung my Head, Folsom Prison Blues and others, and I have a Cash anthology in my MP3 collection but I've never actually sat down and listened to all the songs intently. I set my entire collection to play randomly and they come on every so often. One day I heard that and I just about fell out of my chair, it's been a favorite ever since.

I also like Cisco Clifton's Fillin' Station.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
"Flight Of The Valkyries" by Wagner. It's so fitting! :lol:

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Cowboys from Hell, you time your right foot to where the bass drops about 30 seconds in.

On-ramps were a lot more fun in my old Z28, thing was so freaking loud and it would usually break the tires loose at 30mph.

·
Registered
'98 ETC Black 90k miles
1,061 Posts
For the onramp, I fast forward the song "Takin' A Ride (Heavy Metal)" by Don Felder to the 9-second mark (the first bit is just a guitar build-up).

For cruising, any hard rock or nu-metal will do just fine. For the initial start-up in the driveway, and the inevitable initial burn-out down the street, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. As soon as the initial riffs give way to the drums, the pedal hits the floor.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Cowboys from Hell, you time your right foot to where the bass drops about 30 seconds in.
Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning that song. I went and downloaded Cowboys From Hell and Cemetary Gates yesterday and was mega impressed with both of them. :)

Another great on ramp song is "No More Tears" By Ozzy Osbourne. The guitar solo about four and a half minutes through is insane.

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
I like the Pantera Greatest Hits myself. You can never go wrong with Walk. I also LOVE the 101 Proof Live album.

Phil Anselmo used to have a kick ass haunted house in New Orleans. I ran into the band at a dive bar in the Dallas Metroplex called Tijuana and they were with Sebastian Bach, everyone was really cool.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS with Sirius, 2001 Silverado
440 Posts
Why has nobody mentioned Led Zepplin's Rock N Roll? Sure its played out, but it rocks.....

I do like Money for Nothing on my stereo as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts