Cadillac Owners Forum banner

on-line pet meds.

923 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hoosier Daddy 
#1 ·
We have several rescue dogs and donate to shelters. One had a sore on an upper lip that got infected from the dog scratching. Took to vet and paid a big bill for exam and 7 antibiotic pills. There is something in that area that makes the dog want to scratch. So we've been numbing it with local anesthetic and using a cone for short periods when that wasn't enough. But a year later we didn't use the cone quick enough and it may be infected. The vet wants another big fee to examine and issue another prescription. I see on-line stores that sell the meds cheap but still need a prescription to "ensure the right drug is used". Anyone know of sources that don't need a prescription or a cheap on-line "quack" who will issue prescriptions? Every hundred we waste is a hundred less the shelters get.

Pets are property. I know this med won't harm her from research and the fact she took it before. I'll take my chances that it won't help but give 99 to 1 odds it will work like the last time.

I guess I should consider myself lucky I don't need a prescription for the car wax I use to "ensure its the best one for the job".

#3 ·
Thanks. I did searches but didn't include Canada in the keywords. We got lucky this time. Without the pills we know work, we resorted to topical over the counter stuff and the infaction finally cleared up. Since this will likely happen again if she is allowed to scratch put the cone on sooner and look into Canada sources for the meds in case that's not enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.