Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, This is a first time posting.
Recently we bought my wife a 1999 Seville SLS and she is really enjoying it. I am having an occasional SES light pop up and according the the Helms Service Manual for the '99 Seville the codes can be retrieved by either a scan tool or the On Board System Diagnostics procedure. I cannot find anywhere in the manual a desription of how to initate the OBSD procedure. On a friends '96 Deville you press "off" and "warm" on the climate control to initate the system, but so far no joy on the SLS.
The dealers response was "OBSD was not installed on the '99 Seville. The Service Manual is wrong".
I've tried to confirm or dispute this answer using the search feature, but so far I'm not smart enough to make search work for me.
Bill......

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
This should work. If the line formatting is not accurately displayed on a web page, drop me an email and I will send the file to you. When you are comfortable retrieving the codes, do a demo for your dealer!!

1998(+?) Seville ; On Board Diagnostics Display

You will use the 3 switches located to the right of the Driver Information Center (DIC) to activate and respond to the OBD prompts on the DIC.

ON/OFF = YES
INFO RESET = NO
INFO DOWN or INFO UP = manual toggle

Ignition ON, acknowledge any warning messages; press ON/OFF and INFO UP together for 2 to 3 seconds. Everything in front of you lights up for 4 or 5 seconds, then you will see:

Display shows "ALL?"

Answering YES will display "ALL CODES?"
Answering YES will run automatic test sequence and display codes, if any. Systems and codes will scroll faster than I am able to read them and write them; not to worry.
"ALL CLEAR CODES?" will display at the end of the automatic test. If you are satisfied you have the information you need, answer YES to clear/erase all error codes.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO DOWN will toggle systems test manually in order.
Answering "ALL?" with INFO UP will toggle system test manually in reverse order.

Press INFO RESET to reset DIC to "ALL?" to start again.

Ignition OFF to get out.

SYTEMS:
ABS (Antilock Brake System)
AMP (Amplifier)
DDM (Door Driver Module)
DIM (Dash Integration Module)
IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)
IPM (Instrument Panel Module)
IRC (Integrated Radio Module)
PCM (Powertrain Control Module)
RFA (Remote Function Actuation)
RIM (Rear Integration Module)
SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module) Includes airbag crash data. Under RF seat
VTD (Vehicle Theft Deterrent)
MSM (Memory Seat Module)
TTM (Tilt/Telescoping Module)
RSS (Road Sensing Suspension)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JimD,

As soon as I can pry the keys away from Karen (my wife) I'll try this out.

Bill......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts