Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put 26inch wheels on a 2007 lade without any modifications? i have read many threads about ppl putting them on, but cutting and heating up plastics, etc,...

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts
If you hadn't lowered it would you still have to cut the fenderwell? Do you still get rubbing at full turn of the steering wheel after cutting the wheel?

RLTW

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
11 Posts
Wow hard to believe you guys were able to fit 26's on your lades! I myself have 24's on my EXT with 305/30/24 (i believe) and I get the same rubbing you mention. In reverse and if I'm going forward on a full turn and hit a small bump or dip. But then again I see you guys have 07s. Mine is an 04.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT 2009 Platinum ESV
91 Posts
Could one of you guys with the 26's on 2007's please show me a front view of your tire and fender. My tires are 15-16mm beyond the fender on my 2007 with 26's. I am explaining to the wheel maker that I received wheels with the pre 2007 offset. I would like to show and example that proves the 305/30R26 does not have to stick out past the fender.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT 2009 Platinum ESV
91 Posts
yes I had to cut the inner fender wells a little bit. Its really nothing big. The ext is also lowered 2/3.

What about the retractable running boards? My 07 has them and the 26's shredded them. Yours look intact. Did you shorten them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also very intersted in what you did with the retractable boards. Mine is rubbing at just under full turn. How can I shorten these without butchering them too much?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts