Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for starting a new thread but, Holy Canoli.....the Hendrix axles do exactly what they claim!!!!!!!!

I gave the skinny pedal a kick to about 3K....let go of the clutch....and praise the Lord not only did my diff not blow up, it didn't hop at all!!!! I could've worn my tires to the belt if I wanted to!!!!

Thomas....you are the f'n man!!!

Everyone else that hasn't gotten these......GO GET EM!!! Worth every penny!!!

I plan on taking video tomorrow, and I took a shit ton of pics for the write up.

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
:party:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,092 Posts
Hey, it must've stopped rainin' so you could do the install. Glad you mustered up the stones to do the ol' 3k dump.

Congrats!!! ;)

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:yeah:

Hey, it must've stopped rainin' so you could do the install. Glad you mustered up the stones to do the ol' 3k dump.

Congrats!!! ;)
Omg, that first clutch dump was so hard!! I was just waiting for a bang! Instead....just smooooth sailing!

It wasn't raining tonight so I said screw it I can't wait!!

I promise to post up writeup tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:bouncy::highfive::cool::cool2: :2thumbs: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis
906 Posts
what the hendrix set you back? i saw the post a few days ago.. I have not pushed my car much in light of the squirrly nature of the axles and especially the diff. That has me worried that I can't really enjoy the car as much cuz Im afraid of wrecking something I cant tolerate to have to pay to repair. It feels like a mental leg-cuff on the throttle foot. I baby the darn thing. And now taking it to V3 day, has me pretty worried about something just giving out, and I do not plan on beating on it at all. its all stock and has had the usual warranty stuff replaced, now out of warranty.. the V curse huh?

·
Registered
escalade
571 Posts
Sorry for starting a new thread but, Holy Canoli.....the Hendrix axles do exactly what they claim!!!!!!!!

I gave the skinny pedal a kick to about 3K....let go of the clutch....and praise the Lord not only did my diff not blow up, it didn't hop at all!!!! I could've worn my tires to the belt if I wanted to!!!!

I plan on taking video tomorrow, and I took a shit ton of pics for the write up.

AWESOME1....wait till you have this clutch to go with it:D

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
I'm officially jealous of you all. Nicey nice!

·
Registered
05 Raven V
951 Posts

Im sold. Hendrix, we need to talk.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Looking forward to the writeup! Gotta start taking notes for when I get mine....:lildevil:

·
14,092 Posts
Good morning, lolly! :D

Where's that video!!!!! :mad2:

j/k I'll give you another few minutes.

:food-snacking:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Fk the burnout, lets see who edits the best video :D

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
lollygagger - what kind of tires are you running?

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Man that is great news! All these years and it's the stupid axles.

·
14,092 Posts
I want GM to replace mine....

:rimshot:
Again, assuming this truly IS the fix, can you imagine how much money GM would have saved by installing their version of this axles as soon as the problem became fully realized instead of allowing their bookkeepers* to put their heads in the sand and being bled with diff replacements?

* Note: For the record, I love GM, but I also WAS a "bookkeeper" at GM.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
what the hendrix set you back? i saw the post a few days ago.. I have not pushed my car much in light of the squirrly nature of the axles and especially the diff. That has me worried that I can't really enjoy the car as much cuz Im afraid of wrecking something I cant tolerate to have to pay to repair. It feels like a mental leg-cuff on the throttle foot. I baby the darn thing. And now taking it to V3 day, has me pretty worried about something just giving out, and I do not plan on beating on it at all. its all stock and has had the usual warranty stuff replaced, now out of warranty.. the V curse huh?
bneal,

You have absolutely nothing to worry about when you use this car for what it was intended to do, which is tear up a road course, something fierce. This car (properly setup with slight suspension tweaks) will outhandle any other car anywhere near its weight.

I took my car to an HPDE a couple of years ago @ Pueblo Motorsports Park. It was a full day course with classroom time and lots of track time. I probably did 75-80 laps (2.3 mile road course with 1/4 mile straight) over the course of the day with 20-30 intervals between lapping sessions which were also 20 minutes in length. I found that the harder I drove my car, the more solid it felt and the better it performed. Every time I have decided that I am going to baby my car and try to keep things from breaking, guess what, that is when things break.

Drive this car hard. But also remember that this car was never setup to launch hard and perform well in the 1/4 mile. The best advice I could give to you would be to drive hard, but smooth. Learn to heel-to-toe downshift and don't miss shifts or over-rev or over-brake the car. This motor is a torque-monster, you don't need to be redlining this thing the whole time to get power. Do what feels best and DRIVE SMOOTH.

You are going to have a blast on the track.

C.J.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post some more videos when I take some more :cloud9:

I'm going to start working on the writeup now.

Oh and that cute one little peelout mark isnt mine (at the beginning of video on bottom of screen)

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lollygagger - what kind of tires are you running?
KDW's. I have a set of falkens on my stockers that I might beat up as well. I'll be sure to take a video of that when I feel the need to take the back wheels off.....AGAIN :lol:

I'm like a little kid again.....these just made the V. :worship:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts