Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
My truck has 123k on it and the inside of the oil pan was fairly clean when I re-gasketed it (2x, bleh). Long story short, if there was a filter below the threaded portion of the sensor, the recommended way to do the job is to remove the intake manifold. No thanks. All the electrons are flowing just great to the coils and sparker-generator things, didn't want to risk messing anything else up. Too much stuff gets fragile and cracks/breaks easily after being heated and cooled 10,000 times.

I let the truck warm up and backed'er outta the geerage and let'er run for 10 minutes or so. Revved it here and there. The "death" cluster warning did not appear. Though, it never tripped on every trip so something is trippin. Let's hope she holds!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had the sensor replaced on our 08 Denali last month. Dropped it off and said just do it. HA! $4h later I thought he was messing with me. The tech said he had to take the intake off to get to it lolol.. After looking at the labor rates on here I'm glad I bring Pizzas to these guys once in a while. Hope you didn't get caught stealing that pillow out of the house.

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Had the sensor replaced on our 08 Denali last month. Dropped it off and said just do it. HA! $4h later I thought he was messing with me. The tech said he had to take the intake off to get to it lolol.. After looking at the labor rates on here I'm glad I bring Pizzas to these guys once in a while. Hope you didn't get caught stealing that pillow out of the house.
Was your instrument cluster giving the warning intermittently prior to the replacement?

That's crazy they did yours by removing the manifold and for $4 !

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I know this does not look like much... these are oil lines are out of another truck that I have.

I took them to a hydraulic industrial service center where they repair and fabricate all kinds of pressure lines. they cut out the factory crimp connections and welded on -AN fittings. Then they fabbed 2 new hoses with the fittings as well.

Wa-la! The lines are now leak free and can be easily installed or removed by skipping Step #1. Step 1 is basically "remove engine". The Escalade and large truck GM oil line installations are very similar and I will do the same thing in the future on the ESV. Such a pain to remove these in one piece.

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Updated the keyfob from Boost Auto Parts this weekend. Beats the heck out of the stripper-mom pink fob that the truck came with... I boosted my manhood another few points on this cheap and easy mod.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad to hear you got that oil pressure sensor out of the way. Mine was a pain. I still have one scab on my hand from scraping something back there while replacing it. Since the replacement, the Tech2 shows great oil pressure and she runs like a champ.

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Glad to hear you got that oil pressure sensor out of the way. Mine was a pain. I still have one scab on my hand from scraping something back there while replacing it. Since the replacement, the Tech2 shows great oil pressure and she runs like a champ.
Those sensors are a total pain for sure. On paper, and to an engineer that never works on anything they design... "hey, this is a great place for the oil pressure sensor! Look, it's at the top of the motor!"

They never realized, of course, that someone else would design some noise/heat barrier that obstructs the sensor plus the firewall is inches away as well and limits hand access to be mega difficult.

They could have easily installed the oil pressure sensor on the bottom of one of my starter bolts. My starter is still leaking oil :(

Talked to a long-time Cadillac tech the other day and he said the rear main seals on these trucks are hit or miss. It is a different seal than GM installed on the Corvette based LS motor. He said the leaks are more prevalent for the plated area-- not the crank seal itself. Bingo. This is the reason the flex plate never has any oil sling on it-- the leak is coming from up high and directly adjacent to the bell housing.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
365 Posts
I bought the kit that has the rear main seal and the plate gasket. I also have a torque converter seal and an oil pressure sensor just incase. If we are not insane at work this week I am thinking about starting to drop the tranny on Friday and stopping my starter bolt from leaking oil.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts