Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Picked up an '07 ESV this past weekend after a few hundred midlantic region search. This is the most un-molested truck I could find which is also in the best cosmetic condition. Prior owner definitely spent some $$ to maintain it. A lot of the typical "gotchya" broken creature feature issues have been maintained. I got it from a Ford dealer who took the time to replace the rotted exhaust manifolds and mounting/fastening hardware and inspect it till 1/21.

The truck has had new shocks all around within the last few years (and prob compressor). All TPMS sensors report. Rain-sense works. Rear seat electrics work for heat and power retraction. Sunroof a-ok and no leak. Rear hatch has had some work done from the GM plastics being skewed a bit but works great.

Truck is diamond white, 22's, dark interior, bench 2nd seat, dual monitor DVD system (standard?) and magneride front shocks (also standard?)

Couple small details I need to work out:

1. Driver's seat heat doesn't work. I think it's the TED in the seat. Blower/cooler mode works and the module under seat and connections are fine. Spent quite a while researching this and most everything out there involves a bad design from GM where the wires get stretched on the module under the passenger seat thereby causing a loose connection which then causes a high-resistance open-circuit which then melts the connector-- happily, not the issue. Will post more on this fix for sure because at the moment there's no real reference for the thermal electric device replacement in the seat that I can find...

2. Minor oil cooler line and oil pan gasket leaks. Not urgent.

Spent last weekend detailing the interior to get rid of the stripper/sopranos smell. The dealer went through it and wiped down everything with some sort of perfumey armor-all-like crap.. wiping it all away with Zaino leather cleaner/condition is quite the task. That's a ton of real estate! Also shampooing carpets with a steam cleaner. Overall, super clean beforehand, just trying to get the perfume smell out of it.

This week working on paint correction of the exterior. The prior owner must have had it done within the last few years because there are areas on some of the panels that was still super smooth and virtually scratch-free. Definitely was not through car washes.

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The motor compartment was super clean when I picked it up. A Northeast storm hit on the 200 mile ride home and this was the result.. surprised there are no additional inner fender splash shields hanging below the plastic inner fender liner to prevent this...

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the power distribution center that sits on top of the driver's side wheel well. See the circled area... is there a bus-bar and some nuts missing here? Can you check yours for me?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
365 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like the search paid off on finding a keeper.
Neither the seat heater or blower works on the driver's seat in mine. I am going to be pulling the seats out to clean the carpets when it is above freezing, I will troubleshoot it then.

Just looked at my power center and it looks the same as yours, 2 studs and nothing attached.

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
194 Posts
This is the power distribution center that sits on top of the driver's side wheel well. See the circled area... is there a bus-bar and some nuts missing here? Can you check yours for me?

Thank you!

View attachment 577056
I have 09 yukon, i just went out and looked at fuse bix. I have no nuts on them 2 bolts either in my fuse box. I think that's how it supposed to be. we bought our yukon with 95,000 now it has 140,000 everything works great

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
194 Posts
The motor compartment was super clean when I picked it up. A Northeast storm hit on the 200 mile ride home and this was the result.. surprised there are no additional inner fender splash shields hanging below the plastic inner fender liner to prevent this...

View attachment 577055
I have a plastic skid plat/shroud under the front of our yukon. Not saying it will prevent what happened in your picture. but if you look down in between radiator and motor you should see plastic shroud maybe you don't have one

·
Registered
474 Posts

Thank you!

View attachment 577056
The nuts are to mount your trailer brake controller if you install one. There are two wires that are taped up in the wiring loom right beside the power distribution center. If you pull those out you'll see that they're just long enough to reach those connections.

The other end of those are inside under the dash taped up in the most obnoxious place on Earth. The inside wires connect to the brake controller of your choice.

You'll need to get flange nuts to mount them permannently. I would not do this if you don't have plans to install a trailer brake controller.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts

View attachment 577055
Do you have one of these under the vehicle? It should go between the radiator support and the engine. You should be able to see it if you open the hood and look straight down between the engine and the radiator.

Mine was broken when we bought my Escalade 3 years ago. I bought a new one. It's an easy replacement but will keep much of the water out.

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like the search paid off on finding a keeper.
Neither the seat heater or blower works on the driver's seat in mine. I am going to be pulling the seats out to clean the carpets when it is above freezing, I will troubleshoot it then.

Just looked at my power center and it looks the same as yours, 2 studs and nothing attached.
Thanks very much for checking the power center!

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/QUOTE]
I have 09 yukon, i just went out and looked at fuse bix. I have no nuts on them 2 bolts either in my fuse box. I think that's how it supposed to be. we bought our yukon with 95,000 now it has 140,000 everything works great
I have a plastic skid plat/shroud under the front of our yukon. Not saying it will prevent what happened in your picture. but if you look down in between radiator and motor you should see plastic shroud maybe you don't have one
Thanks for the heads up! Yeap, the front splash shield is in place. All good there.

Thought there might be some curtains that hang down from the inner fender wheel well plastic liners, but guess not :(

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The nuts are to mount your trailer brake controller if you install one. There are two wires that are taped up in the wiring loom right beside the power distribution center. If you pull those out you'll see that they're just long enough to reach those connections.

The other end of those are inside under the dash taped up in the most obnoxious place on Earth. The inside wires connect to the brake controller of your choice.

You'll need to get flange nuts to mount them permannently. I would not do this if you don't have plans to install a trailer brake controller.

Thanks, and yeap, I'd probably add my own brake controller. Tech has come so far with the brake controllers in the last decade. Though, the basics are still there.. power, ground, and a brake wire!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks, and yeap, I'd probably add my own brake controller. Tech has come so far with the brake controllers in the last decade. Though, the basics are still there.. power, ground, and a brake wire!
This is the one I purchased. Works good but I don't tow with the Escalade any longer..

Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P17NXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_sLgkEb0V1PR93

If you're pulling anywhere upwards of 50% max tow I'd install a larger tranny cooler too. The OEM one is barely sufficient to drag the truck around.

For the record, I chased issues for the first year and a half of ownership when I was towing a 7k trailer. Replaced lots of parts trying to get it to work well. I gave up and the Esky is a family hauler the wife drives only now. My F350 turbo-diesel is used for trailer (and family hauling) now.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Yeap, the front splash shield is in place. All good there.

Thought there might be some curtains that hang down from the inner fender wheel well plastic liners, but guess not
Nope.. :-(

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the one I purchased. Works good but I don't tow with the Escalade any longer..

Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P17NXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_sLgkEb0V1PR93

If you're pulling anywhere upwards of 50% max tow I'd install a larger tranny cooler too. The OEM one is barely sufficient to drag the truck around.

For the record, I chased issues for the first year and a half of ownership when I was towing a 7k trailer. Replaced lots of parts trying to get it to work well. I gave up and the Esky is a family hauler the wife drives only now. My F350 turbo-diesel is used for trailer (and family hauling) now.

The Tekonsha is a nice unit for sure. Makes troubleshooting issues a bit easier.... though, most issues usually turn out to be corrosion related from the bumper connector back!

I have an open car trailer and rarely use it. Have another truck I generally use for hauling. Though, it might be nice to hook up the Escalade at some point.. We shall see!

Doing sway bar bushings and finishing up on detailing through the week.

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed new sway bar bushings this weekend. EZ install. 5 minutes. Took more time to lube them up and clean up than it did to do the job.. ha!

The old ones were squashed and flimsy and definitely showed beyond life expectancy at 120k miles. New and blue below!

·
Registered
Cadillac
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also finished up detailing the truck. When going through the motor compartment, I found this oddity... seems as though there is a bit of weatherstripping missing from the cowl area (just below the windshield). I can slide this piece of weatherstripping to either side a few inches.

Can you check yours to see if there is maybe like a 5" piece that takes up the gap?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts