Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this guy (carfax says I'm the 4th owner) by chance in Dec 08. Was looking at a an 89 735, but it was in too bad a shape and the guy happened to have this on the lot for $1700, no other information than that. It allegedly had 97k miles. Needless to say I jumped. 4.6 N*, Clean body/interior. What I've done:
All fluids PS/Collant/AC flushed including tranny(no metal shavings found)
Air and Fuel filters, Front rotors/pads, rear rotors turned, CV Axles both( previous owner had the boots wired with chicken coop wire crimped instead of a clamp) New Radiator, Tires, New Alternator and battery.
Now she rides like a champ, put some special tranny fluid in and I notice it changes gears better. I've blown more than a few people off with newer cars. Put the cruise on on she could go forever. I've got 108k on it now and she feels like it could go to beyond 200. Only problems mech wise left are bearings, slight noise while turning, and shocks. I figure both those are normal given age/mileage(seen the posts on both). All in all not a bad investment. This seems like THE place to be for owners like us who like to take care of our cars. And blow people off from time to time ;-). With a car this old though i'm still kind'uv leery about the tranny or the motor but they are both running smoothly and had them both checked and mech says they are OK. So hopefully you wont see me on hear cryin. Just in case, it nice to know you guys are around.:cool2:

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
If you have a '93 ETC, then it has a Northstar. If it's a '93 base Eldorado, then it's the 4.9. Pre-2000 N*s are prone to headgasket failures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts