Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these wheels on ebay. Price is right, they look alot like the coolest wheels ive seen on a CTS.(in my opinion) Simple,clean 6 spokes. They aren't 3 piece $$$ wheels like the ones on the black car, but they look very close. Best of all they come in 5x115 8.5 wide and 38mm ofset!!! Anyone who's been reading my recent threads knows how damn important 38mm offset is. Once i recoupe the cash from my foose disaster, these are on the way. What do you guys think?

I love the look of this car!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
personally i like the look of the foose wheels you currently have better.

also, IMO i would go with a name brand wheel. i've had a bad experience w/ generic rims in the past. and i've seen & heard other bad storys about generic rims at my local wheel shop... chrome peeling, etc. and you can just tell that the chrome finish on cheaper wheels aren't the same quality as rims like TIS, Foose, Auto Conture, etc... especially after having them for a few months.

this is my second set of TIS's and i love them. i've got a set of Akuza rims on my towncar, which are pretty nice, and some giovanna wheels on the wifes aviator. had DUB ones on the aviator before and those were nice two.

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....and the offset numbers war begins...as luck would have it my pops just bought out a powdercoating biz, and to be perfectly honest I dont want chrome wheels anyway. It's just tough to find the style and size I want available in other finishes. I asked the ebay guy if the six spokes come unchromed, no word yet. The CTS is for the most part void of chrome from the factory and I like subtle,clean,custom changes. So if chrome is the only choice thats that, cheap chrome pits or peals i'll powdercoat them and most likley be happier with the look.

$1300.00 for the set.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
If you powdercoat them, they will look bad.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked into stripping chrome and what it takes, some sort of acid bath/media blast gimmick. After we're back to metal and powdercoat why would they look bad?

·
Registered
821 Posts
well either way i'd go with a name brand rim just for the name!

if somebody asked me "what kind of rims are those?" i'd like to say... "foose" or whatever, instead of... "i don't know what kind they are, i got'em off ebay though"

X

·
0 Posts
you and i have similar tastes in wheels... that cts you posted is what made me buy a black cts!

I think those wheels would look awesome.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought mine for the same reason when i saw that car. Got blue chip though, i like the black at nite/ blue during the day way blue chip looks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts