Fix, leave it alone, or move on?

• Fix

• Drive it as-is

• Trade it for something more modern

1221 - 1240 of 1245 Posts

· Registered
2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon*2016 CTS V-Sport Premium
3,977 Posts
I'm hoping when all is said and done that they don't tell me the seat base also needs to be replaced and they can't source the part...I hope they diagnosed it properly...I'll report back when the repair/replacement has happened...

thanks again for the support everyone

Bill

· Registered
96 FWB
4,752 Posts
We all just hope to see you successfully surmount this problem. That way, the thread can resume its life in a much-preferred less costly fashion.

Reactions: silversport

· Super Moderator
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,223 ·
Fingers crossed for you, Bill.

We all just hope to see you successfully surmount this problem. That way, the thread can resume its life in a much-preferred less costly fashion.
This thread was always about spending money.

· Registered
3,977 Posts
I impatiently waited 12 days to hear back from my Cadillac dealership for the part that "should take 4 days to get in" and the parts department told me the seat back frame is in...I left a message for the service advisor to get back to me about installation...

about an hour after I left the service advisor a message my phone rang and it was him...I think he felt bad about forgetting me and told me they had an opening today at 8 AM...the job should take 4 hours to do...I'll report back here tomorrow if this is the fix for my car seat or it turns into something else...

Bill

· Registered
96 FWB
4,752 Posts
Best of luck and hope this it it. But careful of deer, bird strikes, zombies on the drive home. This thread still has enough regenerative braking energy to cruise yet another year or two.

· Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; Audi RS6 Avant; '16 ATS-V Sedan gone; '10 CTS LongRoof gone
20,904 Posts
Damn near should be merged with Misc. Banter thread. But no.

· Registered
96 FWB
4,752 Posts
Lock a Canuck's thread? You can lose the messaging.
They're just over the state line, and they'll just come over in a single pride (?flock) and spread moose lure all over his driver. Soory

· Registered
3,977 Posts
7 hours after dropping off at Cadillac and the car seat feels great...I must have been driving with this broken drivers seat a long time and I had forgotten about for these seats can make some noises just on their own but the car feels so different...in my ignorance, I think I blamed some issues on my suspension that seem to have been the seat...

I talked briefly with the service tech who did the seat (I watched some of the work) and he said that seat was dangerous...I hadn't noticed as much with the seat all the way to the floor but in my case, it seems thus far that the new seat back frame did the trick...

thanks for the help and support everyone...it is very much appreciated!

Bill

· Registered
3,977 Posts
I will say this: my temporary repair has made the seat VERY comfortable and the car's ride even feels better. Geez Louise.
having just had a repair done on my car's drivers seat I also feel it is now very comfortable and the car seems to ride even better...I think I was blaming some drivers seat problems on my suspension thinking the car was leaning when in fact it was the seat doing that...

this thread and that other one have been a HUGE help to me NorthernSRX...MUCH appreciated... cheers!

Bill

· Super Moderator
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,235 ·
having just had a repair done on my car's drivers seat I also feel it is now very comfortable and the car seems to ride even better...I think I was blaming some drivers seat problems on my suspension thinking the car was leaning when in fact it was the seat doing that...

this thread and that other one have been a HUGE help to me NorthernSRX...MUCH appreciated... cheers!

Bill
Good to get the feedback on how the car feels. It really did make a difference. Fantastic stuff, @silversport .

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
18,555 Posts
The Gen II CTS seats are by far the thinnest profile automobile seats I have ever had.

· Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; Audi RS6 Avant; '16 ATS-V Sedan gone; '10 CTS LongRoof gone
20,904 Posts
And the most uncomfortable as well. When I bought my GenII V wagon, if it didn't have Recaros it was a deal killer.

· Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI, 2014 CTS VSport
3,323 Posts
I'm sad to say the gen 3 seats are way better than gen 2. I'm not sure if the VSport is upgraded, it has some side bolster.

1221 - 1240 of 1245 Posts