Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok yall please help me..i bought a 1995 cadi. seville on Jan-2-o3 it had 1,000 miles on it and i just found out last month that it has the seal leak, cost 2,000 to repair it. It drive and runs like a champ. Of course it has no warenty on it cause of the milege. i can drive it 2,000 miles before the oil reads add. I dont know what 2 do, give it back or just save the money to fix it? Is the cars worth this much money? anyone else have this problem? is this common in these cars? any info would help please!:confused: its the seal were you haft to take out the northstar motor!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
How many miles does it have on it? If it runs good and isn't using an excessive amount of oil, Drive it till it drops.Is it worth it to you to fix it? Can you do the job yourself? ( For that you'd need to be a pretty capable mechanic ) Can you sell it as is without taking it in the shorts?
It's a fairly common problem in these engines and MANY people just drive them forever with the issue. I have assisted in this repair once and it can be done yourself with proper tools and ability. You've got to realize though.....It's a BIG job!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Just drive it and save money as you can. Eventually, you'll have the cash to get the repairs done and you'll have a great car with this problem already taken care of. How often are you having to add oil? I know you said 2000 miles but how long in time is that? If it's once per month, that's not so bad... Like I mentioned, I'd be okay with it but I'd save money as best as I could to get it fixed eventually...

·
Registered
148 Posts
What caught my attention was this remark "give it back". You're saying you can just give the car back to whoever sold it to you??

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
cobrayankee said:
What caught my attention was this remark "give it back". You're saying you can just give the car back to whoever sold it to you??
Sure! Ya just clamp their fingertips in a vice and whack their knuckles one at a time with a ball peen hammer....They'll give you your money back pretty quick! ( Usually takes about three knuckles )

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
little tx:
Using a quart in 2000 miles actually pretty GOOD for that car! Most people claim to get approx. 1Qt/1000 miles so "if" you really have an oil leak, it is probably minor. I'd probably forget about it for now.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ralph said:
There, ya see KC, there's a reason I'm so scared of Bikers, but they are great to have for friends!:D ;)

Who told you we were friends?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
He never said YOU were friends, but rather that he may have biker friends......... I wouldnt be a biker in Canada...... To cold...

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Yeah, I've put a few thousand kilometers on mine and it uses around a litre in 2 thousand kms. All my cars have done this and I consider it quite normal.

KC, you should feel privilaged to have a Canuck as a friend because I can make you Yanks realize how silly things are north of the border, and how lucky you actually are. (mind you get out of Liberal surfer-land).

Kat, which part of Canuckville were you on. Our roads used to be good but in my Province I will need a 4 by 4 soon!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
elwesso said:
I wouldnt be a biker in Canada......

Or anywhere else for that matter!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Very true!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion