Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, am i a retard, or does caddy heating in a 95 suck ass. Is there no way to have heat blow in ones face? I can only seem to get "heat" to come from the floow, and the side vents to defog windows. oh ya, and the windshield vents. this is by far the worst heating scheme in the world. is this correct, you cant get any heat in your face, or is there a special way todo it? Any hel would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advanced.
Jon

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya, and gas milage in the winter. is it supposed to drop like 2-3 mpg? because mine is. its -5 here now in upstate NY, so is poor GM a common thing? As well as hesitent start-ups? My car sits in the fridgid cold all night, so its normal for it to turn hard, correct? thanks

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lastly, when i took my wheel off, i noticed the bushing that looks like it goes between the strut and the frams has slipped out quiet a bit, i assume its the same way on the other 3 sides. is it important to get this back in? If so, how can i go about it?

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Jonny5 said:
Alright, am i a retard, or does caddy heating in a 95 suck ass. Is there no way to have heat blow in ones face? I can only seem to get "heat" to come from the floow, and the side vents to defog windows. oh ya, and the windshield vents. this is by far the worst heating scheme in the world. is this correct, you cant get any heat in your face, or is there a special way todo it? Any hel would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advanced.
Jon
Yah, you're kinda stuck where GM wants the heat to come out. That changed a bit on the 2003 STS where you can direct where the air comes out.

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is rather stupid. a close to $50,000 car and you cant even be warmed nicely. go GM!!1 ive had nothing but good thing to say about caddys, until this. it is such a comfort taker.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds like your air-routing baffles aren't working properly and they're in their "default" failsafe location to keep the windshield defogged. You should indeed be able to get heat to blow out the Dash-vents. Might be a vacuum leak, or the electrical solenoids for the actuators aren't activating on command.

Probably won't get any codes. Had a similar problem with my son's 97 ETC, and it was the vacuum line to the baffle-control system. Vacuum leak leads to poor running too.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
My 97 ETC i can blast the heat in my face and i think my dads old car a 93 ETC he can do it too as well with his new 98 STS. However i know for a fact my moms Deville cant which i agree it sucks.

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what and where are the ari routing baffles? There is no running problems with the vehicle. Just the heat. Where is the vacuum line for this problem, located? Which setting get the heat to blow out of the vents. There is ECON, AUTO, DEFOG and OFF. There is also the Rear Defog Button and the Front Defog button. Whichone of these makes the vents work?

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
ahhh you have the sls with the digital speedo dont you? if thats the case then your like my moms deville and you cant get heat through the vents. Only analog ones can blow heat through the vents i believe.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yeah, you need a "mode" button.
Some of those with the digital clusters didn't come with one.
All you get is fan up, down, econ, A/C and off if I remember right.
The air delivery is controlled by the programmer and without a mode button you are at it's mercy.
I had a guy with a Deville a couple months ago complain about the same thing, it took a while but I made him understand, he wasn't happy either.

I feel your pain... well without being cold anyway.

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
btw, that youngbloodz song is bad ass. the fkn baby blue deville droptop in that video is TO DIE FOR

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
in the brand new baby blue cadillac, truck only 2 days old with remote control, press the motha fu**in button and the tvs fold!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It sucks SOOOO much ass. I am trying to possibly find an override for it in the computer. I am about ready to break the motherfuc*ing door so it can't blow in the floor.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I wish I could tell you a way to bypass it. '95... hmmmm.

You know what? Let me look at some vacuum diagrams at work.
Maybe I can come up with something for you.
Remind me tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts