Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is a first. I bought a set of the caddy wire wheels off of e-bay and they are off a 1978 Seville. Same year as mine. However I finally got them today and i see a little sticker on the inside that read use radial tire tubes for this wheel. What the heck. Does this mean i have to get tubes. Do they make them and can you use them with radials. I have the real wires on my Brougham and they did not say this. Anyone Know?? :bonkers:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
CaddymanTom said:
Well this is a first. I bought a set of the caddy wire wheels off of e-bay and they are off a 1978 Seville. Same year as mine. However I finally got them today and i see a little sticker on the inside that read use radial tire tubes for this wheel. What the heck. Does this mean i have to get tubes. Do they make them and can you use them with radials. I have the real wires on my Brougham and they did not say this. Anyone Know?? :bonkers:
True wire wheels aren't air-tight so you need to use a tube.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn well wonder if i can get some. My Broughams dont have them but then again these are older style wire wheel. Well I just hope i can find some :suspense:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
From what I understand, there are special tubes for radials. Supposedly they are different from bias-ply tubes. They are designed to stand up to the increased heat of a radial tire. A local tire store should be able to help you.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
You should be able to get radial tubes anywhere that can get you a radial tire.
Tubes are a pain but Kat is right, real spoke rims USUALLY require tubes.
Even the ones that are tubless are a pain in the rear.

·
Registered
1993 ETC, 2000 DHS
59 Posts
I had a old E-Type Jaguar with real spoke wheels. I put radial tires on it but did not use tubes. Jaguar , and some after-market suppliers, cover the inside of the rim with simply a piece of rubber that goes all the way around the inside of the wheel. In your case, you might find some tubes that are not quite correct but you couls slice the a la Jaguar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts